Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dog had surgery today

Max is a 9 1bs white Pomeranian. He broke his foot with my 8 yr old daughter and every Dr who saw the x ray said it was realy bad and difficult to fix.
After spending most of yesterday finding a Dr we took him today. I thoght it would get sceduled tommorow but the Dr decided to do it today. It took 5 hours and he was in surgery asleep 2 hours. He was going to get 4 pins but the dogs bones were too tiny so he wired them together. We were there as he woke up and it was 7pm and we had to drive home after that 1 hour. We pick him up if everything is ok 10 am tommorow. I was gone out of the house with him and the kids with me all day and I hadent planned for it.
Food wise wasent the best but it wasent too bad either. Luckily for me I'm not a stress eater.
It will cost $1100 which is a bargain compared to the $2700 I was quoted. We were refered from a low cost clinic and the Dr was very kind.

Re: Dog had surgery today

Saying a prayer for your little dog - hope the surgery fixed his paw.

Marilyn

Being a dog lover I know that sounds like a lot,but dogs love us unconditional!!! Hope you dog does good and gets to come home and be with the family! That's the best medicine!

I'm sure he's in the best hands.
I have two of them so I know what your going thru.
My senior has kept me from travelling this winter, I want to spend as much time with her as I can, because I don't know whats down the road, she is 13 1/2 but all in all in great shape for an ol lady..

My prayers with your pup... from my two...

Poor puppy:(

Lorraine-
How's your dog? Hope everybody is doing well!

Hes doing realy good and running around on his cast and being his normal self. We have to crate him when were not home because he jumps on the couch still and cant get off. I also shaved him nealy bald as his had fleas for the first time and hes 2.5 yrs old. I put medicine on and sprayed him and de fleaded the house I hope. He looks awful bald with a cast lol.