Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shameless Brag about DS...

I just have to share this because I am so proud!!

Wes came home on Monday with a paper saying he had some school artwork chosen for the County Art Show. He was pretty pleased. The paper said the artwork would be on display for us to see at a reception on Thursday and that they would be judging it and then awards would be passed out that night from 7P to 7:30p. So I ask Wes about this - does he want to go, etc. He says it's no big deal. I asked him if he knew how many kids would be participating, etc. He had no idea. So yesterday I called the lady in charge. Out of his Middle school, there were only 15 kids selected. They chose about 15 kids from each middle school and 20 kids from each high school. There are 8 school disctricts in the county. So roughly there are not quite 300 pieces of art at the show.

So.... I think this is a pretty big honor and we should go. Wes comes home bouncing off the walls. Here the judging already took place and they notified the school. Wes took 3rd place for the ENTIRE COUNTY, not just his school or even middle school, but THE ENTIRE COUNTY! We are so proud of him!! You can bet we will all being going to the reception and ceremony Thursday night.

So, there you have it. My shameless brag about my son. He is a good kid. This means the world to him too because he is the kind of kid that really wants to be liked by other kids, but doesn't fit in the normal way. He is not athletic, etc. So having all the kids congratulate him and hearing over the loudpspeaker during announcements was a great self-esteem booster for him.

Uki

Re: Shameless Brag about DS...

Way to go Wes. What an honor. You must be quite the artist.

That's great Uki, you're allowed to brag about your son. Give him an "at a boy", that's awesome, from me.

Laura

Wow - you have every right to be a proud Mom!

Any chance of taking a pix so we can all see his artwork? Congrats Wes!

Marilyn