Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
When did they notice?

I'm just shy of losing 60# and in the last 2 days have had 3 people make comments about my loss. They are people who I see every week at church. Today I was working and a man I didn't know saw my picture ID and said "you've lost a lot of weight since that was taken". Made me feel good. How much weight did you have to lose before people started to notice and comment?

Pat

Re: When did they notice?

15 lbs for me and a lot of exercise. But I haven't had many comments, just a few.

I did that with my sister just the other day though, I always see her about 1x a week and for some reason I saw her last week and I thought she looked extra good (she's been on WW with me). Maybe it's just a new HOT stage you're in that people are RE-noticing

9 lbs. for me. I am very small on top and carry all my weight in my hips, butt and legs. A girl at work asked me how much weight I had lost so I told her. She told me she could tell because my ass had gotten smaller. Some people that would bother but it made my day. I always make fun of how I carry all my weight there. But have no boobs to balance it out!!!

I'm a hair stylist so alot of people see me and pass comments. I'm getting compliments from people who I dont know as well. I think people noticed after 15 1bs. I like that people dont say I'm too thin because that made me eat and gain at first..now they dont say that and I'm the same weight.

Chelsie- If it's any consolation to you about your shape, you are likely healthier than someone with a big belly and small butt. I've been doing health fairs and one of the tests we do is waist to hip ratio. You divide your waist measurement by the hip measurement. Women should be below 0.8 to be at low risk for heart disease, diabetes, stroke, metabolic syndrome.
It is far better to be a pear shape instead of an apple. Better to have a bigger butt than a bigger gut.

Pat

I think it was after about the first 20 lbs for me. I was pretty heavy. I haven't gotten my driver's license picture retaken since losing 77 lbs. either. The other day I was out with my sister and I pulled it out and boy did we have a good laugh!! I mean my face was huge and not it's not! I think I need to put it on the fridge for those days when I'm struggling to remind me of what mindless eating/nibbling will do to me again if I don't get myself under control. I look like a totally different person in that picture. We had went to an Amish furniture store in Illinois and I bought something and put it on my credit card. The Amish lady asked to see picture ID and she looked and looked at my driver's license picture for so long and again at me...I'm like "What?"...and then it dawned on me..OH, that's me...I've lost weight. She was like, Boy you have, you look great! Made my day.