Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interesting

I was reading about "diet" myths, I do not like the word diet, because diets DONT work...it has to be a lifestyle change..
One of the myths is,
"Exercise alone is all it takes to shed pounds."

because a pound of body fat equals 3,500 calories, a 154 pound person would have to walk BRISKLY for almost 2 hours a DAY to lose a pound a week just by walking.
A better approach would be to cut 300 calories from daily meals and walk for just 45 minutes.

Another myth is,
" Skipping meals helps You slim down in a hurry"

Missed meals make it diffucult to control appetite and often lead to snacking and overeating in the day. That may be one reason that people who skip breakfast, tend to weigh more than those who don't.

I have heard this one before, but the walking briskly for 2 hours each day i never thought about it, i guess because i could never put myself in someone's shoes who weighed 154 pounds, until now

Re: Interesting

That is some good information. I agree about the skipping meals thing for sure! There is no doubt that people eat more when they skip meals because our blood sugar drops and our bodies scream for food. Then we are so hungry that we choose unhealthy convenience foods, and wolf them down before we even allow our bodies to feel the cues of fullness. Also, doesn't the metabolism slow down when you don't eat? If so, those added calories are just getting stored as fat. Regular meals of healthy food and exercise is the key. Just as WW tells us.

Just my 2 cents,
Uki