Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OP- Monday May 12th

Welcome to a new week and it is time to get back on the OP wagon if you strayed over the weekend.

I am OP as usual and ready for another good week!

Fill us in on how your Mother's Day was and how your family honored you. I would love to hear how your special day was.

My family celebrated on Saturday, so my details are in yesterday's OP post. Sunday we went to church and just relaxed here at home. Saturday had been so busy, that I really enjoyed having a lazy day to just be with my family.

Uki

Re: OP- Monday May 12th

thankyou Uki...yes I strayed bigtime and am so glad to be here to post about being back OP today. Maajida

I'm back OP. Yesterday the kids took us to dinner and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Even had desserrt. I couldn't believe how popular this place was. We got there at 4 PM and there was 1 1/2 - 2 hr wait. But it was worth it. Since we're in Maryland of course I had to have crab.
This morning it was off to the gym at 6:30 AM. Hubby didn't think I would do it. It helped getting out of bed this morning that we are sleeping on an inflatable bed and it sprung a leak during the night. We were sleeping in a hole by the time I got up. I was glad to get out. Today is rainy and cold. The kids are at work so I think I'll spend some time cleaning their kitchen. I have mixed feelings about doing it. When my Mom came to my house and made comments about my housekeeping I didn't like it. But, I'm cooking supper tonight so I need to clean so I have room to cook. It's hard walking the line of not being a interfering mother/mother in law (well almost, they aren't married like so many couples now.)
I need to go to the store and get some supplies so I can stay OP.

Pat

I had a relaxing day and we made ribs and potatoe salad beans and English trifle. I dident go crazy and today I'm op too.

I'm OP today

I know what you mean, I have a Daughter in law and I tread lightly with her, I don't ever wanna be that intruding mother of a son, never... I had one that I absolutely hated, and she alienated me so over the course of the years of my marriage that I had nothing to do with her.. Mothers day, my husband took the kids to her, and I didn't go, I spent it gardening with my own mother..
so I learned, and and I stay out of my sons business, as long as he's happy, then my job is done as a mother..

I must say tho, my Daughter in law is a slob but shes a wonderful mother to my grandaughter and a good wife
to my son...
Thank God I live 100 miles away LOL....

I know what you mean Tobe. We live 7 hours away so only get to their house once or twice a year. I did end up cleaning the kitchen. Justified it that I need space to cook this afternoon. I'm not going to say anything just see if they notice. I agree if they are happy that's the important thing.

Pat

I been OP and been without a CAR since Friday!! Grrrrrrr

op today until 600pm . made the kids mac and cheese for supper and just couldnt resist it. skipped my nightly yogurt and fruit due to the slip up. but I am happy to say that I stopped after just that one thing. Before I would have ruined my whole day or even my whole week. Every day is a new day.