Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OP- Wednesday May 21st

It was good to see some of the regular posters were back yesterday, but there are still a lot of us MIA. I hope everyone is okay and they are not posting just because they are busy. So, if you are lurking around out there, drop us a post and let us know you are okay!

Anyway, I am OP for another day. Like Tobe says, this is just a lifestyle for me, so not being OP isn't an option. But it is still an important commitment for me to post each day to stay accountable. That is part of what makes this program work. We embrace the lifestyle and it no longer in an option to stray.

Have a good one!
Uki

Re: OP- Wednesday May 21st

Me too. I'm op forever and totally committed. Very busy working today 9 hrs. Got my food packed ready.

I'm still here, but not doing too good being OP, like always. I think I feel like I have so much to lose and it's going to take forever and that's what screws me up. I have tried doing small goals and not looking at the big picture but it still doesn't work. I wish I had the determination that a lot of you have here. I did once but somehow I don't right now.

Laura

I'm still around and OP.

I tried a salad from Wendy's yesterday that was pretty good. They got a Southwest Chicken Ceasar Salad that is 5 pts. according to their web site's nutritional information. I stuck with my own salad dressing. Had lots of chicken in it, very good.

Laura
just a little push for you from my own experience.
I never had that much to lose, but my amount was my amount, for me it was like somebody else losing 100 lbs or more, but we all have the same thinking, I'll never do this..
not true, with a little mind set any goal is possible, the trouble is we're quitters.

if you were here when this site first got going, I was the .8 queen here and in my meetings, it took forever to get off even 5 lbs.. but i didn't quit, e even tho I wanted to.. WW and the women in the room,
coaxed me on for another week..

Hindsight, I struggled to goal, but again I didn't quit. and you can do this....

take it one meal at a time... and stop focusing on
I can't..
That was my daughters two favorite words when she was little, and her dad said to her, no such word,
I "can't" say I can... and Laura you can

Laura,

I know you can do this too. I am certain of it! I didn't have that much to lose either, but it was a slow venture for me too.

The one thing that really helped me was to stop "dieting." Dieting really represented deprivation to me, and that deprivation set me up to binge and rebel against that restriction. So what I did at first was to try to change just one thing at a time. It was too hard for me to embrace the 8 HG all at once, so I made it a goal to embrace them little by little. Once I was able to incorporate those changes, I would change something else, and so on. What this did for me was to help my make the changes permanent and to make WW a real lifestyle. Before that, I was always just waiting for the "diet" to end so that I could eat what I wanted.

For me, eating has become a balance. I do eat out and when I do, I eat what I would like to have, but balance it out. If I know I want a higher points entree, then I eat lightly that day and the day after. If it is someone's birthday and I want cake, then I eat less other food. I pick and choose what I want to spend my points on. I also ALWAYS build a treat into my day. I know some people swear by laying off the sugar and that works for them. For me, that equates with deprivation and sets me up for trouble. I eat a WW ice cream every day and that helps me not feel deprived. I am 13.5 pounds under goal, so this works for me. That may not work for everyone and I respect that too.

Feel free to e-mail me privately if you ever want to talk. We have all felt defeated in the past - believe me! There were times I never thought I would eat normally...

Hugs,
Uki
ukisukinaminanu@yahoo.com

Laura,

Focus on what you have already accomplished, not what you have yet to accomplish. Hopefully I'm making sense here. Look how far you've come. Even if it's coming off slowly (I can so relate)focus on all the positive changes you've made to become healthy. Mix it up a little if you are bored with what you've been doing. Do something to remotivate yourself. For me, I look for new recipes, new music to download to work out to, go reward yourself with something (not food) for the last goal you achieved. Get on some other boards and read some more success stories. We all have these days. Heck, I was looking for the wagon not so long ago myself. Hang in there and don't give up!

Thanks everyone for your encouraging words. I hear them and now I need to put them into action.

Laura

I am still here, just been so busy. OP for me.

op for me. Had to fast for my health assesment at work today. Couldnt eat for 12 hours so 730 last night till 730 this morning. Found out my cholesteral is wonderful. my chance of a Heart attack in the next 10 years is only 2%. My blood sugar was excellent so that tells me it is all in my head that I have to eat so often.

My weight was up 1 lb from a year ago. My body fat % was down .6 from last year. Now I was trying to imagine what all those numbers would be if I hadnt come back to ww.!!!

so after seeing I could go till 730 with out eat ing and it is probley all in my head I decided I need to stop snacking all the time. Even though it is usually healthy fruits and vegetables. i will eat a larger breakfast and see if that will help me make it through the morning a little bit better.

laura.. I'm in the same boat you are dear. Just cant seem to stay afloat for more than a few days at a time. I always do something to sabatoge my self. I started keeping a journal last week it has been helpful. I have told my self that if I really want it (whatever it may be. ) I have to write what it is and why I think I really need it . If I still think I need it after I write it then I let my self have it. I am hoping I will not want to go through the hassle of writing it all down everytime. Stick with it. We all have our bad times. Just know that you are not alone.

Sleep tight everyone I am off to bed.