Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Strawberry Rhubarb Salad

4 cups of sliced rhubarb                              1/2 to 3/4 cup of splenda                            2 T. water                                            2 small packages of sugar free jello                  1 cup of water                                        3 ounces of ff cream cheese                           1 cup thawed frozen whiped topping or lain yogurt     1/4 cup of chopped nuts if desiredCombine rhubarb, splenda and 2 T of water in 4 cup measure.  Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 6 to 7 minutes until it boils.  Stir in the jello to dissolve.  Add 1 cup of water; set aside 1 cup of mxture.  Pour remaining rhubarb mixture into 8 inch square baking dish.  Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.                                        Microwave on high cream cheese, uncovered, in 2 cup glass measure for 30 to 45 seconds or until softened.  Fold in topping and reserved 1 cup rhubarb mixture.  Pour over set jello.  Sprinkle with nuts if desired.  Refrigerate until set.  About 2 hours.      I accidentally only used one box of jello when I made this.  It came out to be 4 servings/ 2points or 6 servings/ 1point

For the life of me I could not get this to print the way I wanted it too. Sorry!

Re: Strawberry Rhubarb Salad

Cheryl- Sounds good but where are the strawberries?

Pat

The strawberry is the jello.....I thought there was strawberries in strawberry rhubarb pie but my mom makes it this way due to diverticulitis.  She fooled me.

thanks for sharing.