Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A new food find for me

The other day I was in Aldi's and noticed that they are now carrying Boca Burgers; the original and the flame grilled ones. I hadn't ever tried this brand so I picked up the flame grilled ones. They were pretty good. Has anyone else tried them? They come out to be 2 points each and I topped with a 1 point piece of cheese and put on a 1 point bun with pickles and mustard. Anyone got some other good "food finds" lately?

Re: A new food find for me

I love Boca burgers too. I usually get the original ones and then fix them the way you do. They are also good cooked on the grill if you have a cookout!

My latest kick is the low point progresso soups. I add a can of no-salt green beans for 0 points and it makes a very filling lunch. I had chicken rotini soup today for 4 points and I am full!

Uki

Love Boca products. When you said the flame grilled were 2 pts. I had to check. Guess it is the original that are 1. I like them on a 1 pt english muffin with pickles, ketchup and mustard. I've made them in the micro which makes them kind of soft and in a non stick skillet which makes them more like a meat burger. Either way they are good.
Also keep the Boca Crumbles on hand. They are the gr. beef like packages. Use them in spaghetti sauce, chilli and tacos. DH doesn't know that he has been eating soy for several months (and I'm not telling). They are handy since there are 2 pkgs in the box and each is equal to (I think) 1/2 lb. of cooked gr. beef.
Aldi's doesn't always have them but I saw they were in the ad for this week.
While we're on Aldi's, I keep their Fit and Active Fudgesicles on hand. They are 1pt and so refreshing. They are a little softer than other frozen fudge bars but good and big. The other thing that I keep in the freezer is the mixed frozen berries. Thaw out a bowl and some FF yogurt and have a great dessert or snack.
I love Aldi's just wish I didn't have to drive 20 minutes to get to one.

Pat

I love Aldi's! I'm a big fan of the Fit Active low sugar strawberry preserves. I use it like a strawberry topping on reduced calorie ice cream.

I also go in there and stock up on the stoplight peppers/onions and I chop those up and cook on the grill with seasonings and olive oil spray. Yummy!

There Fit/Active version of skinny cow ice cream sandwiches are super good. I tried a new flavor, strawberry/banana and I really liked them. I love the lemon yogurt also. Right now in my area, Aldi's is the cheapest on those peppers and bananas.

I had a friend intoduce me to a new bagel called THe Alternative bagel. only 1 pt by the slider card but it is so close to a two I usually count it as a 2. We have found them at Hy vee in Iowa. I believe they carry blue berry, wheat, white, french onion, and cinnamon swirl. They are very good if you nuke them in the micro for maybe 10 sec. I top them with 1 pt of ww cream cheese and then a little bit of sugar free jelly. I am in heaven when I eat one. I love bagels and have not had one in a long time due to the amount of points they use up so this find was awesome for me.

Chelsie- I haven't seen those around here in Indiana, but I'll keep my eyes open for them. They sound good.

I agree that Aldi is a lifesaver. I use their brand of eggbeaters too and they are great. I buy a lot of non-WW stuff there for the family. I got several bags of chips for the kids for .99 cents. I also stock up on canned mushrooms and tomatoes for adding into omelets and pizzas. I heard they have a low point wrap too, but I haven't found it yet. I love their LF cottage cheese! With food prices so high right now, I shop there a lot.

Uki

I'm really picky about low fat cottege cheese, but I have to admit, theirs is super good. I buy it every week and make a fruit salad with it. I'll have to post that recipe. I have that every week and it's my must have!

Wraps??? OMG!! I'm gonna have to go looking for those. I use a lot of wraps!

Uki, forgot to post yesterday that you need to watch out for the sodium in the soups. I agree the soups are good but I don't eat them often because of water weight gain.

Pat

Patty,

You are so right about the sodium! My hands are so swollen on the next day after I eat that soup. I HATE that!

Uki