Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily Commitment Thread - 5-28-08

Good morning! First of all, let me say that I was so excited to read all the replies yesterday to all the different threads. It is so great to see that so many of us still want to participate at this site. It means so much to me too, and I would miss all of you terribly!

I decided to change the name of the "OP" thread to reflect a dialy commitment instead. I didn't want the hread to imply that in order to post you must be 100% OP. Instead, this is the place to commit to doing your best each day. For some that will mean 100% OP, for others, it may mean making a small goal for just that day, and for others, it may mean something in between. Only you can determine your level of commitment, but whatever it may be, please feel free to post here. This is a safe place to set your goals and have us cheer right along with you!

That being said, I am OP for the day with plans to follow for meals and exercise.

Thanks to any of you who may have said a prayer for DH and his stomach bug. I am so happy to say that he is better. As of last night he said he was 98% better. He actually ate some chicken soup at lunch and wanted soup and a grilled cheese at dinner. LOL He even said we didn't need to put anymore ginger ale in the fridge. Woo Hoo!

I will re-read all the posts from yesterday and figure out a tentative plan for who can help take overposts. Chelsie volunteered to handle the daily/weekly weights. Thank you! I appreciate not having to handle all of them.

I'll be back after I get everyone off to school.

Uki

Re: Daily Commitment Thread - 5-28-08

Up and off to work this morning already. Had a good nights sleep finally so I am looking forward to not being so tired all day.

Op is the plan

till later

Chels

uki-- u have a list of who weigh's in on what day?

Uki, thanks for keeping us together. I'm off to the gym this morning then to WW for WI. I usually go on Thurs. but have to work out of town tomorrow. After I get home we are going to see the new Indiana Jones movie for DH birthday. He thinks that is all he is getting for his birthday. He doesn't know that I've planned a surprise party for him on Sunday. He will be 60 so can't let that day pass without celebrating.
Breakfast and lunch today are no problem. Same breakfast most days. oatmeal with some Fiber 1 and a banana. Lunch something in the car probably cottage cheese and fruit. Supper is the question, we are going out after the movie so don't know where we will end up. I just know that I will ask questions and be picky about how my food is made.
Till later,
Pat

Hi Everyone, I too am thrilled at the response from people who find this site has such meaning in their lives and it was wonderful to see all the posts testifying that people don't want to lose our little community here. I was especially moved by your post, Laura...you are most certainly not the only one who struggles or who has more to lose. We are all on this journey together no matter what stage our efforts are in. I am on my way to a 90 pound loss....have struggled with regaining and losing and regaining that last 30 pounds over and over again. It's a sign that eating is just the tip of the surface re what I need to deal with, and coming here has been very centering to my efforts as I try to stay balanced and create a healthy forward momentum. I am off to the gym before work (too much going on to go after) and I am thrilled to be OP and food sober and ready to continue the journey, especially with all the support and caring that is available right here. Sincerely, Maajida

Maaj - food sober - I like that!!

I'm already at work and I've brought my lunch so I'll be OP while here. It's so easy to be OP when you pack your own things. I work in a small office and there is no vending machines, so that definately helps my efforts. I got in all my water yesterday and I hope to do that again today. Sometimes I struggle a little with that. I haven't decided what I'm doing for dinner yet. We have lots of leftovers and I need to use up those flatout wraps, so maybe possibly a pizza tonight. Man that sounds so good right now!

It sure sounds like we are off to a good start for the day!

Uki

I am taking one hour at a time. I want to say I'm going to be OP today but then if I blow it, I'm not OP. So I'll say I'm working real hard at staying OP today.

It's a beautiful sunny day here in Michigan. Although it's only suppose to be in the mid 60's. I like the cooler weather. Have a great day everyone. Thanks Uki for what you're doing.

Laura

I'm always a late poster!

I stopped at the store after the gym to get some fresh tomatoes and fruits. I even made a special trip to another store to get my salad dressing so I could have a nice salad for lunch.

I seem to be so much more successful when I can fill up on the Core foods I like than to force down something I'm not so fond of. I'm more satisfied!

Confession time. Did really good all day till lunch when someone offered me the extra bag of baked cheetos the vending machine has spewed out at them. I had eaten my pb and j early because I was really hungry. Good news is I wrote them down right away. Was very hungry about 430 so I ate some carrots and them made myself some popcorn to take to my meeting to tide me over till supper because if I had just waited to eat till I got home I would have been way past the point of no return and my day would have gone out the window. Had 1 c. of chili soup with some ff cheese no crackers when I got home instead of the two cups I was planning on and I am out of points for the night but I do feel that my hunger is satisfied and I am truley happy that I can finally say that I have maintined my op all day. It may not have gone according to my initial plan but I adjusted when nessesary and stayed on track for the first time in weeks. That is a good feeling to have back.

Have a great one everyone

Chels

Just got home from seeing Indiana Jones movie. Really good. Went to dinner after. My friends laughed at me as I gave the waitress my order. Broiled fish, dry no butter or oil, dry baked potato with salsa, salad with no croutons or cheese FF dressing on the side. They can laugh but I got what I wanted. Didn't use any points since it was all Core. Came home and had a dish of FF ice cream since I earned 4 AP today at the gym. Have to be more vigilant since I gained 2 # this week.
Glad to see more people posting.

Pat