Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily Commitment Thread - 6-4-08

There are three kids over here that are so excited! Today is the last day of school. Woo Hoo!! They should have been done yesterday, but they had to make up one snow day. They have field day today which is like a big festival with games, snow cones, etc. It is really a good time. I am hoping the weather holds out. I am not sure what they will do if it rains...

I have errands to run this morning and then Mitch and I take the truck to get its' oil changed. We leave for vacation in a week, and Hubby is meticulous when it comes to preparing. The camper is at the garage getting its' brakes and bearings looked at too.

I guess I didn't say where we are going! We are off to Maine this year. Camping the whole time again to save $$. We leave the 11th and will return the 25th, so can someone take over my posts during that time?

That being said, I am OP today and will hop on the treadmill here in just a bit.

What are your plans today?

Uki

Re: Daily Commitment Thread - 6-4-08

I didn't sleep well last night due to the storms here in central Indiana. I'm going to plan on a nap this afternoon for sure.

Yesterday was Mark and I's 13 yr. anniversary and tonight we have grandma lined up and we are going out to eat. I'll be eating low points all day so I can gear up for some Indian Chicken tonight. I've been craving it! Yummo!

I'm OP today. Off to work today at the bakery of a big grocery chain. Actually doing health screenings for the employees so won't be too near the ovens, just near the smell.
Uki-I can't believe the kids are out of school already. Our kids won't be out till around the 20th.
Where are you going in Maine? We go to Orland (about 45 min. from Bar Harbor) every summer for a week. We work at a place called HOME (homeworkers organized for more employment). They have a great gift/craft shop on the grounds if you happen to be driving up Route 1. We are going the first week in August this year.
Have a good day everyone.

Pat

Patty,

We will be traveling across Route 1!! We are headed first to Harrington and spending 4 days there, then we head up to Medway for another 4 days. scott and I vacationed in Maine before we had kids and stayed near Acadia National Park and then headed north to the Moosehead Lake area. We loved it and wanted to share it withthe kids this time.

Wow! Your kids aren't out until the 20th???? Is that typical or did you have a lot of days to make up?

Mitch had a total meltdown this morning. Evidently, the teacher told them to wear their "field trip" shirt today and he couldn't find his. Now, he suffers from some OCD tendencies like the other two, but since he is so young, his reactions are TOTALLY out of control. He screamed and cried for 1/2 hour over this shirt. I was on the treadmill and told him I wold help after I was done, but that wasn't good enough. He wanted the shirt and he wanted it NOW! We have learned not to cater to that kind of thinking, but it sure is miserable for all of us. I finished the treadmill, found the shirt, and life went on. I know it is hard for him to imagine, but life would have gone on even if he had to wear a different shirt. Sigh. I HATE this OCD thing... Wes has to take medication for it and it has helped a lot. We may have to do the same with Mitch. Time will tell.

Here's hoping the day gets less stressful.

Uki

Last day of school for my 1st grader today too. I'm so happy to be done for the summer!!! I'm finally back on track and shrunk my stomach back down after my vacation last week. Hopefully I end up with a good result on Saturday.

My son's last day will be Friday, this whole week is a little off though, he has early release all week (1:00), except on Friday, they get out at 10:00 - I mean really, what is the point? Two hours? They do it every year, he's in 7th grade, I guess I should be used to it!
Anyway...I am at work and OP, just had my Alternative Bagel (onion flavor) with light cream cheese (veggie flavor) YUM! Smart One for lunch and Chicken w/veggies in the crockpot for dinner...that's my plan and I'm stickin to it!
Have a great day!

Uki- it is normal for our kids to get out of school towards the end of June. My son graduated I think on the 22nd.

The place I was telling you about in Maine is just outside Bucksport heading toward Ellsworth. It doesn't look like much but they do have a nice gift shop that only features things made in Maine (and some from Guatamala where they support a misssion). A lot of the things are made at HOME. There is a weaving studio, stained glass, stitchery, pottery and sometimes leather shop. The idea is that they try to teach people skills that they can make a living at. It is a very poor area and not much employment opportunities. The campus also houses a food pantry, soup kitchen, daycare and they help people study for their GED. Quite an interesting place. A group from our church has been going for 4 years. We help build houses, work in some of the studios (we have 2 weavers and 2 quilters in our group), work in the soup kitchen and generally do what ever needs doing.
Sorry to go on about this but it is a special place to us.

Pat

hello everyone. got off an hour early so YEAH!!!

Been very op for me today. Weigh in day I'm usually pretty focused. I had the alternative bagels today too and boy to they keep me full. i usually use the blue berry , wheat or cinn swirl. Then put ww cream cheese on it and then a little bit of sf strawberry jelly. yummy.

Off to weigh in tonight I'll post more later

Chels