Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WW meeting topic week of June 2

I couldn't get to a meeting this week due to work conflicts. If anyone went to a meeting please tell us what the topic was this week.

Pat

Re: WW meeting topic week of June 2

Patty, I had to leave the meeting early, but the dis-
cussion was about motivation, not the right meeting
for me to leave early. :-) We all have to have our
own motivation to stay on this lifelong journey.

Thanks Nellie
You're right about us finding our own motivation.

Pat

The meeting today in Idaho was about negative self talk. When someone says "man you look good" and you say "well I've only lost 15 lbs" you need to change the way you talk about and to yourself. Say "Thank You I'm well on my way!" Or something positive. The way we talk to ourselves affects how effective we are in our weightloss. We need to keep those positive words flowing.

The meeting in iowa this week was about protecting your self. We all use hats, sunscreen, umbrellas coats to protect us this summer. But how do we protect our selves for falling off the wagon. Surviving the cravings.

We talked about ways to survive the picnincs and festivals. Like bring ing your own dishes or looking at the buffet line and just picking out 2-3 things and taking just those not a spoon full of everything. Letting every one else go through the line first so there isnt so much or in some cases non left at all by the time we get there. If there is none left there is no question if we can have any or not.

AS far as the festivals it comes down to planning. If you have been there before maybe you know what to eat and where to go to get it. If you dont then make sure to pack a few good snacks and save some of your points for the meal you will eat there.

Good meeting for me with all the back yard barbaques we will probley have