Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily Commitment Thread - 6-13-08

Happy Friday the 13th! Oooooooooo!!

Well, let's see, how was yesterday? It was a good day. I got a bike ride, stuck to my meal plan, the kids had friends over, they all got bathed and I got to watch a movie last night. Not bad.

Today, not much going on. The men need haircuts, so I will do that this morning. Wes is sleeping over (well, I don't know how much sleeping he is doing) at Kraig's and we have to get him at 3p. Maybe we will head over to the inlaws to check on them.

I did get a bit of shopping done yesterday - many good deals. That is a good thing!

What are your plans today?

Uki

Re: Daily Commitment Thread - 6-13-08

I'm off to work for the last day of the week thank goodness!!! only 8 hours today and all next week so far YEAH!!!! Hoping to rent a few good movies tonight. Just have a relaxing night.

Yesterday didnt go so well for me. After dinner I got these terrible stomach cramps. It was like I was 4 centimeters dialated and headed for delivery. They lasted about 3 hours. I had to go lay down by the nurse and everything. I am assuming it was just to much air. It hurt. got home and finished up laying the last of the landscaping timber in place. Ate
Suppr at 830 at night and this is where it turned bad. Was tired and just ate way too much. Should of stopped what I was doing earlier and ate.

Live and learn I guess. Have a great day!

Had another great OP day yesterday. I am still up in weight due to 3 weeks of not caring, (my fault). I will go weigh in today although it's going to be
scarey .
My son and his fiance are going sky diving today, on Friday the 13th. Now, I'm not superstitious but, he just reminded me of what the date would be, so he's got me thinking about it. I would never sky dive but, I guess he's a thrill seeker. I'm going to weigh in this morning and then do a little shopping to find something to wear to his wedding. I'm so frustrated with that. Have a great day everyone, wish me luck.
Laura

I'm a little stressed this morning. My son came home from his new daycare yesterday and was SCORCHED! I sent sunscreen and signed a permission slip, apparently noone bothered to put it on. His teacher went on a field trip with the older kids and she left his class with the 2 yr old teacher. She couldn't not tell us "for sure" if he ate lunch or "for sure" if he took any kind of a nap. "Well,....I "think" he did." I'm thinking...where were you when he was eating/sleeping. Not to mention that I called the place at 2:00 to see how his first day was going and had to leave message and my call was never returned. I wanted to address all these issues this morning and when I arrive, his teacher is nowhere to be found and the assistant pastor has a room full of kids in my son's room (like 25 plus kids, at least). Brennan is clinging onto me refusing to let go, is stating to wail, and that guy peels him off me and tells me "bye", he'll be OK in a few minutes. I'm like, where's his teacher? I need to talk to her. He tells me "downstairs." Well, I waited and waited and never saw or found her. I was furious to say the least. So, I called my husband and told him to get off early, get him and his stuff, and that I didnt' care what I had to do, he was returning to his former sitter next week. I was a mess on the way to work. My son's sitter raised her rates and it was going to cost me an additional $160 a month for his daycare and I couldn't afford it. She was going to work with me and lowered the rate a little, but I still didn't have the additional $80. Well, don't care what I have to do, little guy is going to go where there is organization and where he will "for sure" be cared for.

Rant over...I'm OP as of now and going to try and not let this stress get to me.

Well, I did get in that second walk last night. We
also had a little rain and that made weeding the bed
where we usually have flowers much easier this morn-
ing. I have counted that as part of my exercise. :)

Wow, Carrie! It sounds as though you have reason for
some real concerns. Hope everything will work out for
you.

Once I get in front of this computer it is hard to
move on to something else. :) I am going to have to
get going. :)

Daily Commitment Thread - 6-13-08

I did pretty well yesterday. Did my 4 mile walk, ate well for breakfast & lunch. Dinner was the pizza party. I didn't do too bad. I ate a litte more pizza than I should have, but I still used very little points. This was due to the fact that I ate low points for the other two meals in anticipation of the pizza party.

I walked 4 miles this morning and will remain OP today. I don't have any real plans other than making a Wal-Mart run. I love the lazy days of summer where the boys and I aren't hitting the floor running for school.

Carrie, what a nightmare you had yesterday!! I'm really sorry that happened, and I don't blame you one bit for wanting your son out of there. That's just ridiculous! Good luck with whatever decision you end up making.

Cheryle

Hugs out to all of you right now!!

Carrie, The situation with the new daycare sounds so stressful. I think you are doing the right thing by going back to the old sitter. Your son is worth it! The new place just doesn't have their act together.

Laura, I hope you find a dress for your son's wedding soon. I bet the perfect dress is out there, you just haven't found it yet.

Chelsie, it will be okay. We all overeat from time to time. It is a new day. Just take it one meal at a time. You are human and no one expects you to be perfect.

Thinking of all of you...

Uki