Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily Commitment Thread - 6-15-08

Happy Father's Day! I don't know who out there is celebrating with fathers, sons and husbands, but I hope that everyone has a wonderful day with family and friends.

The board was slow yesterday, so I am guessing everyone had a busy and productive day. Fill us in on what you did.

I had a wacky day with that 20 mile bike ride, but it was good. We will get Scott a new front tire this week, and until then, he will ride on the spare one from his old bike. I got an afternoon nap yesterday which was heavenly, then we made pizza and watched a movie as a family.

I am up early to put out Scott's Father's Day gifts, make breakfast and then off to church. We will celebrate the holiday here at home - just a relaxing day as a family. Scott loves my beef tips in the crockpot, so that is dinner. Easy! LOL

What are your plans?

Uki

Re: Daily Commitment Thread - 6-15-08

HI all, I'm back from Penn. and the antique truck show. My craft sales were pretty good. Not a lot of traffic thru the craft show but enough to sell about 10 purses which is good for me. Now I have to get busy and make some more for our car show in August. I don't make much money selling the purses but I enjoy making them. I figure I work for about $1/hr. Nobody wants to pay what handmade crafts are worth. It was so hot and humid that it was miserable. I hardly ever got out from under the canopy. We weren't sure how many trucks would come to the show with the fuel prices but they had over 500 show up. These are everything from pickups to big rigs (not a cheap hobby). We didn't take anything to show.
Did well with my food since I was cooking in the camper. Do need to remember to take more healthy snacks next time. Ended up getting a small bag of popcorn for a snack yesterday. Did do some walking in the evening so earned some AP.
I missed talking to all of you. I've read everything that I missed on Fri and Sat.
Off to a church picnic today. Our organist is retiring after 35 years and we are having a party for her. Don't know what they are serving but will be careful with choices.
Have a good day everyone.

Pat

Morning everyone! I didn't do much yesterday. Did have to go in work and make up an hour from a drs. appt. I had left for earlier in the week.

Could use some prayers. I have a lump in left breast. Going for mammogram and an ultrasound on Wednesday. I'm sure it's nothing, but I have to get it looked at b/c breast cancer runs in my family.

Got Mark a card from each of the boys. My little one, watches Mickey Mouse all the time and there's a clip where Donald Duck gets a Big Book of Manner's from Santa. Brennan watches Mark open his cards and says..."Oh Daddy, you got a Big Book of Manners." Of course Mark didn't get it until I explained...but that was after I got done ROFLMBO!!! It was so funny the way he said it in his little toddler voice.

It looks like a good OP day ahead of me.

Have a good one.

I'm OP today, going to church in a bit with hubby and granddaughter. Not doing a whole lot today, hubby is getting ready to go on a fishin trip for a few days at Port Clinton, Ohio. I get to have some alone time . Carrie, I will definitely say a prayer for you and your upcoming mammogram.
Laura

Carrie, you will be in my prayers.

Pat

I'm now a lurker..

Prayers going out for you Carrie..

Probably nothing but your taking care of yourself
and doing the next right thing...

xoxoxoxo

Prayers headed your way Carrie. I had the same thing happen to me in the Fall and it turned out to be nothing. They did another mammogram that was more detailed and that just showed dense breast tissue. My mom has calcification in her breasts and it always causes a worry. Please keep us posted!!!

hugs,
Uki

Carrie, you will certainly be in my prayers.

Pat, it is good you had a safe return home.

Laura, this is an exciting time with wedding prepara-
tions. I know you are enjoying every minute of it.

Chelsie, hope you are having a good day. I will remem-
ber to post my weight - either up or down - tomorrow
evening after my afternoon WW meeting.

Not much time to be online today with company, church,
etc. A special breakfast and a special lunch don't
leave much room for dinner. :( Thankfully there is
that points allowance. :) I shouldn't use too much of
it, but I just have to make it through tomorrow's
weigh in, and the week begins again. :)

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Nellie

late posting tonight but we just had a very busy weekend Celebrated fathers day with my dh and many of our fathers. Both of our parents are divorced and remarried so we have 4 fathers total. Got to see 3 of them today. Had a pretty good weekend for being op. I failed to track however. That has been my goal for the past month is to make sure I track all week even on the weekend. I havent hit it yet. We get so busy working out doors that I just dont make the time. So that will be my goal again this week.

I am however getting some big guns in my arms. I am going to measure tommorrow. All that shoveling and hauling concrete has paid off in the way of excersize for my upper body.

Hope every one had a happy fathers day

See you tomorrow.

chels

Carrie,

I too have been through this (twice), with it being nothing to worry about. It's the waiting for the appointment that is hardest part.

My prayers are with you.

Thanks everyone. I'll keep you all posted.