Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question for Kim....

Kim,

I just want to know what is an alternative bagel?

Nellie

Question for Kim....

Me too.

Cheryle

Re: Question for Kim....

You find them in the refrigerated section (by the cream cheese) at Walmart. They have lots of fiber 8 grams I think and they are really good. I use them with the ww 1pt cream cheese or with turkey for a 2 pt bagel sandwich (3pts if I add garden vegetable cream cheese YUM-O)

I want to try these so badly, but they are not sold in Ohio. :(

Question for Kim....

Thanks Kim. I will be buying groceries today at WM so I will see if our local WM has them.

Cheryle

I live in South Florida and find them at my supermarket "Publix", in the bakery section. The roasted onion is my favorite with the light veggie cream cheese, and the blueberry flavor with light strawberry cream cheese is pretty good too.
They are fat free, cholesteral free, less than 1 gram of sugar, 110 calories and have 7 grams of fiber = 1 point!
They are just a little smaller than an average bagel, but larger than a mini bagel - I love them!

Kim,

Thanks for the info. I will do some looking around for
them. There is no Publix anywhere around here, and I
do practically no shopping at WalMart. The bagels just
may be available at another place nearby. Until I find
them, I will just have to be content with the Pepper-
idge Farm Whole Wheat Mini-Bagel, only one point each
for a whole one. Since our Kroger has begun carrying
the WW cream cheese, that is an easily counted treat.

Nellie

Question for Kim....

I looked at my WM today and didn't find the bagels. However, I realized that I really didn't know what I was looking for. There were bagels in the section you mentioned, but none of them said alternative bagel. Does the package actually call them alternative bagels? What is the brand name?

Thanks---Cheryle

MY SWM doesn't have them either, but I believe the name is "Western Alternative Bagel." I have heard they can be found either in the bakery section, the deli section, or in the refrigerated section by cream cheese. Let us know if you find them. Good luck!

You are right, they are named "Western Alternative Bagel"

Question for Kim....

Thanks. I'll look for them again the next time I'm at WM.

Cheryle