Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WW at work program

I was just curious to know if any of you are participating in an "at work" program like I am, or are you attending WW meetings at a WW location.

Cheryle

Re: WW at work program

Cheryle,

I do WW "At Home", they sent me everything I needed to get started in the mail. I do not attend meetings, or have access to WW online - so this site is "my meeting" and I'm so thankful for all of you here!

I'm doing the at home as well.

WW at work program

Hmm. I've never heard of "WW at home". So they just send you the information week by week or what? How do you report your gains/losses? With this program, you wouldn't have a support group, right? So this is your support group?

Cheryle

In 1993, when I first began this journey, it was in
an "At Work" group. We had a great time and had a fan-
tastic leader who, unfortunately, moved due to her
husband's transfer.:( It just wasn't the same after
that. In fact, no one could find the motivation to
continue the group, although the center had someone
who could take over. I attend meetings every Monday
afternoon where I weigh in on their "official" scale.
Some of us have been there for awhile, but we usually
do not know names, etc., and we only see one another
at the weekly meeting.

WW at work program

Nellie, that's what I love about the "at work" program. All of the people in the meetings are your coworkers/friends that you see everyday instead of someone you see once a week and don't even know their names. We support each other in many ways, help each other when we are struggling, applaud each others' losses, etc. These are people that I face on a daily basis, so that alone, is a huge accountablility issue.

You started in 1993? You have been on this journey for quite awhile. Kudos to you.

Cheryle

Actually, Cherlye, I "strayed" and found myself in a
bad spot again May 2007. I hope to keep things under
control this time around.

We had a lot of fun with the "at work" program. As we
saw each other every day and had good relationships at
work as well, it was a real pleasure to share this ex-
perience together.

Mine is a combo - I have the WW at home, but I weigh in at church with my church group. I have support both from friends at church and friends here. I am 13.5 pounds below goal, so whatever I am doing seems to be working. Yay!

I should clarify when I say "at home." I am doing the Winning Points program on my own at home. This is my support group and I weigh in on my own scales and track my own progress weekly. That program worked for me in the past and it's very similar to Flex, only I eat within a range of points. It's just not in my budget with what I pay for medicine and daycare to attend the meetings and pay for them at the moment. However, that being said, I'd like to for my last 25 lbs. go and join and then maintain and apply to work for WW as a leader. That is my goal anyhow.

Carrie, I think it would be interesting to be a WW
leader. In fact, I gave it some thought a few years
ago - while I was still at goal the first time - but
was too busy with work until I retired. Now I am just
not in the mood to pick up another job. :)

Uki, you are to be congratulated for your hard work!!
Way to go, girl!!

Thanks Nellie. This has taken me awhile and I really am not trying to lose more - more like maintain. I still count points and will for the rest of my life, and if a little more weight comes off, then I figure that is okay. I am also okay to maintain. Since I am under goal, it gives me a little wiggle room for as a get older. I will be 41 this year, so I know to expect it to be harder to even maintain.

Hugs,
Uki

I first started weight watchers back in 2004. Attended meetings at a school about 12 miles away. When I started working nights at pella our 10 hr shifts made it impossible for me to see my family and attend meetings. I started going to an at work meeting in town because alot of my family worked at the factory and needed one more member to meet their number to get a leader. This meeting was at noon hour and I had to wake up in the middle of the day to go to it and then go back to sleep. unfortunatly my body didnt like this arrangement so I had to quit all together. i started back up this febuary after i gained weight back. I go to the same meetings at the school in which I started only we now have a different leader. I like the night meetings the best because it gives mom some time away from everything and every one. I dont feel near as rushed here as the at work meetings. No one has to get back to work so if meetings run a little long or i have alot of questions there is time.

I give credit to you guys doing it at home. it takes tremendous will power to stick with it. I use this board Because it makes me feel like my decison to do this is a daily commitment not just a once a week. i need the accountability.