Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily Commitment Thread - 6-21-08

Good morning and happy Saturday!

I hope everyone had a good day yesterday.

The kids had a good time at the circus and Scott and I had fun at the state park. We bought some marked down t-shirts and got some ice cream. I had plenty of extra points plus AP's, so the splurge was so nice. The best part was doing something just the 2 of us.

A long bike ride is planned for today as well as the time as a family. Next week is busy, so it will be nice to have a few slow days.

What are your plans today?

Uki

My youngest and I are going to see a local children's play this morning of Jungle Book. We have a great theatre and he has participated in several school plays and local theatre plays. He chose not to participate in this one, but wants to see the play. After that, I will finish getting both boys packed and ready for Boy Scout camp which starts tomorrow. Will try to finish cleaning the house. I started yesterday, but just wasn't in the mood.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Cheryle

Re: Daily Commitment Thread - 6-21-08

Good morning. Looks like a lot of us slept in this morning. I didn't get up in time to walk with DH. May go out later. Back to the sewing room today. Our local farm market is having a big event today to support the local fire companies. So we are having chicken bbq this evening and watching firemen with some of their games. Then listen to live music and ending with fireworks. Hope the rain stays away.
Will be OP altho I may have to use some WPA for the BBQ tonight.

Pat

Pat, the bbq sounds fun. Hope you have a good time.

Cheryle

Good morning, everyone. It's so good to be back here and posting of my committment on a daily basis. I have to admit, though, that now that some of our stress is easing at bit here at home, that this seems to be a prime time for off-track thoughts....it's like I could hold it together when the going got tough, but now that things are easing up, the old destructive habits of letting off steam with unhealthy eating habits are still lurking there in the background. I am up early, though, and ready to head for the gym for a tough step class...since I am just resuming my workout routine, just to get half-way through this class will be a good achievement. I am on my own, hubby gone on business, and I finally have a chance to unwind. Maybe a pedicure later today and just some quiet time at home, hopefully without a return to old ways that will only make me feel worse and not better. Sounds like you are all doing well and I hope it's a happy and healthy weekend for you all. Maajida

Well, I've been everywhere trying to get some grocery sales...somehow I still spend way too much $$ though. I found a new WW dessert/treat. I didn't think anything could top the Cookie Dough Sundae for 3 pts. but I found Peanut Butter Sundae for 3 points. I thought I died and went to ice cream heaven! Don't know if you all have seen that one or not, but it's new in my neck of the woods.

Then, I bought some red pepper hummus. I've wanted to try it for awhile now and I've read where homemade was better that store bought, but what I bought I liked so I was happy. Love pts. and low carbs.

I bought a watermelon - need to satisfy that crave, but the darn thing won't fit in my fridge.

Have great day everyone.

Carrie, I heard someone say at a WW meeting that when she brings home produce she sets aside an hour to prep all the produce. She pointed out that if you have a whole watermelon and want a snack, you won't cut the melon but if it's already cut you might have a dish for a treat. I try to do that with some of my veggies so they are ready to go.
Maajida, glad things are going better with your life. Don't let down your guard on the eating front. I know from when I was working that when I wasn't busy or under stress (worked in the ER) I was more apt to make a mistake or forget to do something. Guess our bodies are designed for a certain amount of stress. Sounds like the gym and a pedicure are good choices.
Have a good day

Pat

It was off to the golf course again this morning,
walking nine holes following the leaders in this local
golf tournament. We were trying to decide how many
miles that covered. Somewhere between two and three,
we think.

Carrie, I just don't know how to save $$ at the gro-
cery store. I read every ad available and mark the
items on sale that might be of interest, and I still
think I spend way too much. :( At least it is for
healthy choices. :)

It is a beautiful day here, lots of sunshine now. I am
concerned for those people who live near the Missis-
sippi River and the terrible flooding. Do any of you
live near that area? We could use some of that rain
here, especially after last year's awful drought.

Nellie

Oh my goodness Carrie!! You have to tell me about the peanut butter sundae! The cookie dough has been my favorite for awhile now. Is the peanut butter one in with the Smart Ones in the red box or is it with the ice cream cups? Can you tell me what the description says? I mean like the flavor ice cream and does it have a crust? Thanks a bunch!

Uki

Well since it is almost midnight where I am from I suppose I could just post on tomorrows but here goes. I am up late waiting for my husband to get home from a dirt bike race. had a pretty busy but fun day. took my oldest and youngest to get hair cuts this morning. After that I called my best friend and decided to make the 40 minute drive over to her house to see her. Her mother is in town from Arizona and she is driving her nuts. Jamie has 2 children and her mother doesnt like being around children that much. They kind of drive her crazy. So that was sure bothering Jamie. After I left her house me and the girls went to SWM and got groceries and a bunch of other things. It was probley my most enjoyable trip with my kids there ever. We really took our time and didnt rush. They were so well behaved I let them pick out new floatys for the swimming pool. Then we came home put away groceries and wathced a movie together while we ate supper. They all are passed out in the living room now. I will probley just let them camp out there for the night. Well I hope you all had an op day. i cant say mine really was but I will strive for a better day tomorrow.

Chels

Hi Pat and Chels and everyone. Thanks for the kind words. I probably should be posting on the committment thread for 6/22, since it is 4am. on that date here in N. Calif. and I am up bouncing off the walls unable to sleep. After getting off to a good start yesterday, I did indeed let down my guard and totally got so far off program I was worried about finding my way back....I feel awful that I let that happen but I know today is another day and I will go post for the 6/22 committment thread to re-committ myself to the way I want to eat. Thanks for 'e-listening'...Maajida

Uki - it's in the box and I picked it up by accident b/c I thought I grabbed the cookie dough one. They are fabulous! Got little mini PB cups, choc/PB syrup, ice cream and a choc. crusty bottom. You gotta try b/c I'm like you - I didn't think anything could top the cookie dough one.