Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily Commitment for 6/23/08

Where is everyone?. I'm OP today. Off to the gym and then some retail therapy (shopping). Have to start getting ready for our next trip soon. We leave in a week for the midwest. Will be gone 2 weeks. Most of it with parents and then a car show for 4 days. My sister already has canoes reserved for July 3 so we will spend the day on the water. If the temps are like usual in Ind. the water will be a good place to be.
Wlaked for 3 miles yesterday afternoon. I surprised myself and felt pretty good after doing it. Guess my next challenge is to walk the whole 3 1/2 mile block with DH.
Hope all is well with everyone. Have a good day

Pat

Re: Daily Commitment for 6/23/08

Good morning!

I am up doing my usual chores, mainly laundry today.
Some bread baking and other cooking will keep me busy.
The garden is giving us green beans, yellow squash,
and zucchini now, so keeping up with that will take
some of my time.

It seems strange to be the first to post a reply to
this thread this morning. I am usually the last one
to sign on.

Pat, that "therapy" you have planned sounds like fun!
It is a good feeling to be able to shop for smaller
sizes.

One thought I have had is for those of you who seem to
be wanting to lose more than 100 pounds. NBC every
Monday in the 10:00 (eastern) hour has a segment "The
Joy Fit Club" where people have lost over 100 pounds.
You may want to contact NBC to let them know about
your progress. Who knows? You may be contacted for
them to feature sometime in the future. I watch this
segment every Monday, and some of the people have lost
more than 200 pounds!!

It is a beautiful day here, with no rain in sight. We
surely could use some at this point. It would help the
garden, and we wouldn't have to water.

I spent some time over the week-end trying to alter a
top that goes with a skirt. While I wasn't completely
satisfied with it, I wore it anyway, but I will more
than likely tackle it again to get it "right." :)

Have a great day, everyone!

Nellie

Daily Commitment for 6/23/08

Good morning! Pat, sounds like you had a good weekend with the exercise. Good for you. I don't walk on Saturday & Sunday, but have done my 4 miles this morning. The rest of the day will just be piddling and running a few errands. Both boys left yesterday for Boy Scout camp and won't return until Friday night. For the very first time, I am childless!

Cheryle

I'm OP today. I haven't posted lately but I've been OP. Haven't see Uki around I wonder if something happened to her computer? Anyway, it looks like a beautiful sunny day here in Michigan. That retail therapy sounds like a good idea. I'm having my grandchildren over to spend the night tonight so that'll be fun. Only 3 weeks left until my baby (son) gets married. I just love the girl he's marrying, she fits into the family so well. Have a great day everyone.
Laura

I am here but things are busy. I will be in and out for awhile until things settle.

Hugs,
Uki

Hi all - I am at work and OP. I did indulge a little over the weekend, we went out for Spanish/Mexican food - I had pork chunks with rice & beans and plantains AND a Mojito! I did not finish what they served (could have made 3 meals of it), so it's not as bad as it could have been. But I do believe that every once in a while you have to treat yourself a little!

Have a good one!

I'm home and OP. Been busy doing laundry and took my boys to Walmart to get a few things I missed the other day.

Have great day everyone.

Well it has been a busy day . I am on a kaizan team at my workplace which is kind of like a continuous improvement implementation team. We will meet all week and first discuss ideas then implement them on the lines and then observe and revise any of the improvements as nessesary. On friday we have a presentation and then usually get to leave by noon. one advantage that is also kind of a struggle is catered meals every day. today we had Chicken and bacon wraps with homemade potatoe chips. I just ate half of the wrap, and some fruit I brought from home and gave the rest away. We really dont know what is going to be served until we are served it so i cant plan too well. Hopefully the rest of the week will go as well. Tonight I had DD tball and then caught up on some house work.

Hope everyone had a good day

chels