Author
Comment
wi wed. june 25

cheyrl
marilyn
becky
chelsie no weigh in for me I have to work late

Re: wi wed. june 25

I'm down .6 this week, 6.4 under goal. Good luck every one!

Congratulations Becky. Nice to have that cushion of being under goal

Pat

Going Below Goal and Maintaining is what I want to bring to the board.

Its ok to hit goal and go below (your own personal goal) but be realistic with a number
I've been a WW'er for 30 years and I've seen women,
even some men go way below and its an impossible to number to maintain,
And how easy it is to just give up and before we know it all the weight plus some is back....

My goal is 150 and my personal is 145, I've been
maintaining that 5 under for 18 mo now. and believe
me some mornings the scale is up 2 lbs and most days
its at maintenance..

WW Leaders suggest you go with a realistic number,
not a number that will be impossible to hold..

Its also suggested not to get the mindset of room to play, we all know how that works out...

Becky congrats, I remember when you came to this board, and the amount you had to lose, and you did it, and went below.. please pick a maintainable number....and hold it...

wi wed. june 25

Okay, I'm a little confused. Is there a difference between goal and personal goal? When I read that someone has reached their goal, or I say that I'm X amount of lbs. away from my goal, I am referring to my own personal goal. However, I have read several posts on here that say you are at goal, but you have more to lose. Is there another goal? What am I missing?

Cheryle

Hi Cheryle
to answer your question...
when going to WW meetings first you need to lose
the 10% of your weight, then you and your leader
choose a realistic goal, according to your height
and body frame along with your age..

Its suggested to go for a number to reach goal, when working towards your lifetime membership, you have to
maintain or lose for the next 6 weeks and when thats achieved, you then become a lifetime member..

When reaching your WW goal, you then can still work on losing a few more lbs...

WHen I reached the 145 (5 below WW's goal) I'll tell you its the most difficult to keep that number.
I'm in a comfort zone from 3 to 5 lbs under.
so therefore on maintenance/lifetime we weight everyday just to make sure we're in the range of our weight. if the scale is high one morning, thats the day to go lite, and incorporate more water into the day....

simple, no... very difficult but doing it daily for months on end, it just becomes a way of life.

I'm 22 months into WW and I still take a fresh journel out every Tues morning before I go and weigh in and this trip around for me. I make sure I sit in that
weekly meeting...

so far its worked for me...

wi wed. june 25

Tobenj, thank you very much for explaining that. I knew I must be missing something. I knew about the 10%, which I reached 8 weeks into the program. I knew from the very start what my personal goal would be, but at the time of my 10% goal, my leader did not and has not discussed any other goals. I am 5'4", so according to the WW book, my range should be 117 to 146. I reached the top of that range about 6 weeks ago and am 12.2 lbs. from my personal goal of 124. That's the goal I have been referring to and just assumed everyone else was also. I didn't know about a goal that you set with your leader.

Cheryle

The reason you set a WW goal is to head to the 6 week maintenance that WW requires (6more wk of paying them).
go for the highest goal, and stil lose, become a lifetime so you no longer have to pay for meetings.
you can still go weekly to weigh in and sit in a meeting which I highly suggest, thats the only way
I've been able to maintain under goal for such a long time...

Years ago you were only required/allowed to go once
a month to weigh in and you can guess what happened.
stopped going and gained it all back...

One thing about maintenance tho, you have to increase your daily points by 3 or 4 not to lose any more weight.

Cheryle, you have done very well!! That is a great
accomplishment.

Tobenj, you have made some very valid points. I have
discovered for myself, however, that I have to keep
my daily point total at 20 - with some of the WPA on
occasion - just to maintain where I am, slightly below
the top-of-the-range goal weight I reached in January.

You are correct about the possibility of not going
back to meetings and regaining the weight. That is what happened to me the first time in 1994. I kept
saying to myself that I would not return until I had
taken the weight off, and I didn't have to pay again.
Well, we all know how that worked.:( I finally went
back in May 2007, and now I go to meetings weekly,
even weighing in each time although I don't need to
weigh except once a month. Meetings and weighing help
keep me accountable.

Thanks for your good advice!

Nellie

wi wed. june 25

Tobenj, thank you for clarifying for me. I will have to do some checking into this to see what my next step should be. I guess mine is a little different being an "at work" program. I pay 12 weeks in advance. So even though I reached the top of the WW range 2 weeks into my 2nd 12 week session, I had already paid for 12 weeks. According to what you are saying, I should be on maintenance now according to WW guidelines, correct? (even though I am still losing). I'll have to find out what I do after this 12 week session ends.

Nellie, thank you very much for the compliment. I wasn't searching for a compliment when I posted those details, just help understanding what I am suppose to do, expect, etc. Thanks anyway, though. Compliments are ALWAYS nice.

Cheryle

Yes you should be on Maintenance now.. You should also be able to get a refund if you've done your 6 weeks of maintenace.

Before I hit goal again I was using the monthy pass, and being I was lifetime, I didn't have to do the 6 wk program. I just went onto regular maintenance
and WW send me back a refund for the month I didn't have to use the pass...

check with your leader at work and at your next meeting.

wi wed. june 25

Thanks Tobenj. That's definitely something to check into.

Cheryle

Hi Tobe;
When I picked my WW goal I chose the maximum weight which was 164 lbs. For my personal goal I would like to get to 150 lbs. I'm currently at 157.6 lbs. I can't remember what the minimum weight was for me but I think that's right in the middle. Years ago I weighed 140 lbs. and that was too thin for my height and build. I too am still weighing in weekly and staying for the meetings. It was a long road getting where I am today and I know I got here by facing the scales each week and having the help of the meetings, the members and this site. I know that for me to have continued success I have to continue what I've been doing. I'm glad to hear that you are still doing well on maintenance. Thanks for all of you help along our journey!

Okay, I totally ate a whole bunch this week after making goal last week. It was my birthday and anniversary this week so it's been a week of partying (eating out, eating pie and ice cream) I'm going to weigh in on Saturday and I'm a little scared because I totally overate and ate the things that are not core. But I will weigh in and get back on track. Tonight starts on track and so does tomorrow and the next day. I got a little crazy after being on core for so long and not indulging much because I wanted to hit goal so bad!

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Lisa, been there done that so many times that I have lost count. I also had a similar experience this week. Unfortunatly I fell back into my smoking habit this past two weeks which leaves me feeling overly tierd at the end of every day. I used to have so much energy and that all went away when I started again. Also it made me not care about what I ate because when I smoke I dont gain anything. I have ate and ate and ate the past two weeks and it really threw me off track. I was on that inventory event at my work this week with all catered meals and snacks and all and I didnt stop my self at all. i know what I need to do. Both with the smoking and the eating it is just making the decision to tackle it again and going forward.

On the positive side the best thing about weight watchers is that everyday is a new day. Let the past week go and believe in yourself that you can do it.

Hope this helps to know that you are not alone

chels

Thanks a ton Chels. It's nice to know that I'm not the only human out there. The way you've felt with the smoking is the way I've felt with all of the food I've eaten. I'm totally tired, I haven't exercised and I just feel so lethargic. Hang in there and kick those cigarettes, your body is telling you it doesn't like them and mine is saying "quit eating so much food!!!" Let's get back to when we felt good! We're in this together!

Lisa and Chels...cheering you guys on....you are an inspiration to those of us who have undergone recent times of struggle and are working hard to move forward again in our OP efforts. maajida