Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily committment thread for 7-2-08

Good morning everyone. I am up and at 'em this morning! I have to take Anna to the allergist and then off to Wal-Mart this afternoon as well as more packing for the camping trip. Busy day today!

Chelsie, hang in there. You are doing fine. Right now focusing on quitting smoking is WAY more important than staying totally OP. So you are up 2 pounds - big deal. It will come off in time. Remember to take little steps. You can't change everything all at once - it is too much. Just focus on the smoking and when that settles down and becomes a little easier, then set 1 (and only 1) food goal for yourself. Once that 1 goal is easy, then set another and so on. We have all struggled and we all understand and support you. You are doing something to be proud of and something that is very difficult. Give yourself credit for that! You are doing a good thing here! :)

Maaj, don't worry about slipping up either. I think you are learning some very valuable information about yourself and your relationship with food right now and that is all part of the process. If we don't know and understand why we eat when we are not hungry, we can't take the right steps to deal with those situations. So, in many ways what is happening to you right now is a victory! Maybe if you look at it as something to be celebrated, it will help.

I read and learned something interesting and VERY helpful to me recently in my bible study. I realize not everyone is a Christian, so I dont' mean to offend anyone, but I did want to share it. The focus was on walking in faith and submitting to God's authority. The author mentioned that changing the flesh and submitting to God is painful. It is painful to our humanness to turn things over to God. Now that all makes sense, but what else I got out of it is that when we are struggling in the flesh with a change that God is having us to make, that is a time of celebration! Scripture reminds us to rejoice in our trials, but this is more. This is rejoicing in trials BECAUSE it mans we are in God's will!! Isn't that cool????? If we feel that pain, anxiety, etc., than that is one way God is showing us that we are following Him - the flesh is struggling with the changes, but we are allowing God control. I hope I explained that okay. I was just really convicted by it.

Okay, off to put on some makeup so I don't frighten the public. LOL

HUgs,
Uki

Re: Daily committment thread for 7-2-08

I'm OP today. Uki, that is right on. We grow stronger with every trial we go through and this weight issue trial is never ending. Our flesh is weak and we want what we want but if we give it over to God He will help us. I've been a Christian for 40 years, and I hope there are many more of you out there. Have a great day everyone.
Laura

Good Morning, I am at work and OP today, having my alternative bagel & lite cream cheese right now. Getting ready to tackle a pile of filing, as I mentioned yesterday my boss is on vacation, so now I can get some work done!

My vacation is coming up, starts next Friday, however we have had to pretty much cancel our plans. Had a great condo on Ft Myers, FL Beach booked for a week, but had several unexpected really large expenses come up (leak in pool, blown pool pump, blown sprinkler pump, and a few other things), with the way the economy is right now, we just can't justify the cost of the condo & gas getting there. I have just been so bummed over it! My husband and son are really disappointed too!

But last night, I decided when life hands you lemons, make lemonade!
I live in Fort Lauderdale, FL, people pay big money to come HERE for vacation....so, my plan is to transform my backyard into a mini-resort!
We did have the pool fixed and I will treat myself to some new cushions for the patio chairs, and some new "beach towels", maybe a new raft for the pool, break out the tiki torches for the evenings, and give the grill a good cleaning, let our son have a friend come and stay over and just make the most of it!
And I vow that the only laundry I will do will be bathing suits and beach towels!

Good morning, everyone!

It is another beautiful day here today, nice and cool
this morning, just the way I like it. :)

Having homegrown veggies is great! However, the chop-
ping, blanching, etc. that goes along with preserv-
ing them for later use, is time-consuming! That took
my time yesterday. Today it is bread-baking!

Chelsie, stopping smoking is, in my opinion, the most
important step you can make. In addition to being a
great step to improving your health, just think of the
money you are saving by not buying cigarettes! In to-
day's economy that has to mean something. I certainly
have you in my thoughts and encourage you on this
journey.

Uki, how was the visit from your friend and her four-
year old twins?

Kim, it sounds as though you are creating the perfect
vacation spot in your own backyard! No laundry, but
you didn't mention no cooking. :) Just do the condo
thing at home. :)

Maaj, it is good to check in where you feel you have
support. This weight control thing is such a challenge
for me, too, but I am determined that this is the last
time I will need to return to reach goal weight. It is
going to stay off THIS time.

Cheryle, I was the same way - not wanting to return to
a monthly meeting because I was gaining weight. Well,
after 14 years (slow to catch on), I finally went, and
now I am so glad I did!

Laura, good that you found those shoes. Now you are
all set, aren't you? Enjoy!

I don't mean to leave anybody out - so EVERYBODY have
a great day!!

Nellie

Haven't had time to read the posts for the last few days but wanted to jump in and say HI I'm sitting in an internet cafe in Indiana drinking a latte made with skim milk and SF sweetner. I have been lonely for all of you. So far the vacation has been going good. We arrived at my sister's on Monday evening after a 10 hr. drive. My eating wasn't off to a good start that evening as my brother-in-law made fried fish and potato salad and baked beans. The only thing I had OP was skim milk and watermelon. On Tues. I went to Walmart with my mom and did grocery shopping for the week. I was able to get all OP meals for us. I cooked last night so did well. Tonight she had planned lasagna for everyone. I bought Boca burgers for myself and will eat them with a salad. Think I'll do OK until Sunday when we go to my in-laws.
Went to the gym with mom this morning and walked in the water for 45 minutes. Walked to the internet cafe which is about 1/2 mile from mom's. Will try to get in as much exercise as possible to make up for the food. Tomorrow we are going canoing (if it doesn't storm) We are all going to my sister's for the 4th. I'll get to meet my great-nephew for the first time. He will be 1 the end of the month.
For all of you who believe in the power of prayer I have a request. I found out last night that the 18 month old grandaughter of a childhood friend has liver cancer. They just found it last week when they noticed a lump on her tummy. She is on the top of the transplant list. Her name is Mackenzie.
Well, I'd better stop typing and catch up on some reading. I'll try to check in when I can.

Pat

Forgot to mention the reaction of my family to my wt. loss. I guess I should say lack of reaction. My sister and brother-in-law said nothing. My mom did say "where is the rest of you?". I said at least you said something unlike my sister. Mom said maybe she is jealous (it does look like she has gained a little since T-giving). My aunt and uncle came last night and they said nothing. I'm sure glad that I don't depend on what everyone else says to keep me OP. Aint family fun?

Pat

Daily committment thread for 7-2-08

Pat, I'm so glad that you are able to check in with us. I'm sure you are enjoying being away and visiting your family. I'm so sorry that their reaction to your WL was less than you had hoped for. That must have been very hurtful to you. Well, at least WE are proud of you. Does that help? (((hugs))). I will be going home to visit family next week. I haven't seen anyone since last Christmas and I will be devastated if they don't at least PRETEND to be happy for me.

Cheryle

Pat, glad you're having a good time. I know what you mean about people not saying anything about your weight loss. I had lost quite a bit of weight and had the same thing happen, no one said anything. I know how good it is to get the compliments but I just kept telling myself, you aren't doing it for other but for yourself. I will definitely keep Mackenzie in my prayers. My granddaughter is about that age.
Laura

Hello everyone. thanks for all the encouragement. I get home from work and read it all and it is just what I need. almost to the 48 hour mark!!! by Friday I should be almost out of the woods as far as the physical addiction part of it. It usually takes me a month or so to get over the mental side of things. Like having one after I eat. or on my way to work. CAn you tell I have been through this multiple times But one thing has always been the same. I have always been happier and had more energy when I quit. What I do find odd is the worst time of the day for me is between the end of work and till after supper. That is the same time I had trouble with the eating.

I am concentrating on the smoking or should I say not smoking more than the food. I knew going into this I could not do both at once. I am not counting my points. But what I am doing is allowing my self to eat as long as it is good. Not alot of junk like all the other times before. If I eat 3 yogurts and 5 pieces of fruit in a day to curb my smoke craving then I can live with that.

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good out there. I am enjoying reading all about your summer activities. Here's to another smoke free op day tommorrow.

Thanks everyone again. I know this is a message board for weight loss not smokers. So thanks for listening.

Chels

Chelsie, I am glad to "listen" to you about the smok-
ing anytime you need to talk. I think this is just
about the most positive change you can make in your
life and the lives of your family members.

Am posting belatedly, but Uki and Nellie, I wanted to thank you so much for your support and understanding...it was another day of struggle for me...it's been several steps backward for every step forward, these past few weeks, but Uki, your words really put things in perspective and I am grateful for your wise clarity.....I will celebrate the learnings from this time of struggle and am greatly encouraged by coming here. Thanks again, Maajida