Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily committment thread for 7-3-08

Good morning ladies and happy almost 4th of July!

I will be leaving today for our camping trip, so I won't be able to start this post again until Monday. I am not sure who else is an early riser, but if someone else wouldn't mind taking over for a few day, I would be very appreciative.

It sounds like we are holding strong. Chelsie and Maaj are holding steady and that is a huge victory! Chelsie, you post away about quitting smoking - yes, this is a weight loss board, but more importantly this is a group where we have formed real friendships and friends stick together through EVERYTHING! We want to know how you are doing because we care. :)

Thanks to all who have posted reciped recently as well. I don't know about the rest of you, but I get so tired of fixing the same things over and over, so something new is really a good thing.

It looks like exercise is going well too. Keep it up!

We are leaving to camp with friends today at a local campground. We have never camped there before, so we will see how it goes. The friends we are camping with do not have kids, so hopefully ours will behave and not make them wish they hadn't come with us. LOL

Nellie, you asked about my visit with my friend and her twins? I sort of held off posting because it was sort of a disaster. Sigh. She is fine, but her children are, well, monsters. Sigh again. I am not used to bratty, whiny, misbehaving children. That was a little direct, huh? LOL We are firm with our children and they learned at a VERY early age to be respectful and not back talk and NEVER whine. Whining immediately gets you nothing around here, just like lying always gets you punished. We always require them to be polite and respectful to us and to each other. Her kids are not like that. They are rude and mean spirited. Their table manners were atrocious, they made nasty comments about the food and demanded other things to eat. They would ask for food and then waste it. They said mean things to my kids and refused to apologize. They used potty talk all the time. I could go on and on. Let's just say, I don't see us getting together again other than e-mail or the phone. I do think my friend was terribly embarrassed which just made the whole situation even more uncomfortable.

Okay, enough of that. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and I will check back in on Sunday or Monday.

hugs,
Uki

Re: Daily committment thread for 7-3-08

up and off to work. only have to work till noon today and then I am off till monday.

I'll see if I get up early enough to remember to start the post uki.

Sorry about the experience with your friend. I have some friends who kids are like that too.

hope you have a great time on your camping trip.

Chels

Good morning....we will miss you, Uki...hope you have a great time on your trip. Thankyou again for all the positive words of support and encouragement during difficult times. Here's to an OP day....Maajida

At work and OP for another day. I have the scale tomorrow, I will weigh, but will probably not post (unless I have a significant loss, but I'm not holding my breath since I have been stuck for so many weeks!)since I won't be at work, I don't really get on the computer at home.

My plans for the weekend are to start getting my backyard mini-resort ready for my vacation the following week. I went to Wal-Mart on my lunch hour yesterday and was a very disappointed in their selection (or lack of) patio cushions. I think I will try to get to Home Depot on my lunch today.

Have a great holiday weekend! Remember to keep all those serving in our armed forces in your thoughts this weekend!

Hello all! I was out of town yesterday for a dr.s appt. with my Endocrinologist. Got good news...my Synthroid is working and my Thyroid level is normal on this dose. That's great news b/c 4 weeks ago, my TSH level was way out of wack so she upped the meds. So, looks like we found the correct dosage. She's thinking of taking me off the Metformin (for the insulin resistance problem) in November. I had lost another 5 lbs. on her scale since 4 weeks ago. So, I'm thinking my scales at home are not working correctly...b/c although her scales weigh me slightly higher....they are moving downward, where mine are not. My scale is really old. Anyway, since I'm losing, she wants to keep me on it for few more months and then take me off.

OP yesterday and will be so today. I won't be around much online tomorrow, so have a great holiday!

Greetings, everyone!

I was out and about early this morning taking care of
some routine shopping. Tried to work in a little ex-
ercise, too, by parking a far distance from the en-
trance to the stores. I have tried to do that for
quite a few years now. The best thing is that the
pavement is level - no hills - but the sun was hot
already.

It is interesting how our best friends - and even mem-
bers of our own family - seem to have different child-
rearing philosophies from our own when we have all had
practically the same experiences. As I reflect, it
was when we all began to become parents that some of
the connections faded away. Uki, your friend has more
than likely spent some years feeling overwhelmed by
the challenge of having two little ones of the same
age needing the same thing at the same time. This is
quite stressful, especially if the "in-house support"
is a little lacking. I speak from experience as we had
three under the age of two, but my support was just
fantastic!! They have all become young women who are
contributing to society.

Well, enough of that. I'm off to the kitchen to put
together some new recipes - WW, at that - for our en-
joyment later.

Everyone have a great holiday!

As you can see, I am not very early to make it to the
computer, so I am probably not a good choice to begin
this thread in Uki's absence.

Maaj, I truly understand the many steps backward, and
the few forward. Just know that there are others out
here in the same boat. I still fight the munchies just
about every day, and am keeping the herbal tea com-
panies in business. :)

Nellie

Hi Nellie, thanks for your kind words...it's so comforting to know that people are there who understand. Doing good OP today.......maaj

It's been a busy day but I'm OP. We went to finalize the dinner for the wedding reception, It's getting close. I'm getting so excited for this wedding and then I woke up this morning with a huge, I mean big cold sore above my lip. Can you believe it, 1 week before my son gets married and this happens, I'm so ticked off. I'm off to see the fireworks in a few hours, it's going to be a beautiful night for them.
Laura