Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily committment thread for 7-20-08

Good morning! I hope everyone had a good day yesterday.

No major plans here today. We head out to church soon, and then the afternoon we are just here at home relaxing.

Does anyone else volunteer with the teens at their church? I led youth group once a month last year and will continue with that, but I have also been asked to teach their Sunday morning class this year. I am REALLY excited and they have allowed me to have input into the material used at both times. I am wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a good bible study. We want a workbook format where they actually write in their books and do some bible study on their own, then we discuss it further in class. Our group is very small, so it could even be a traditional individual bible study. I am looking at a John MacArthur study called Experiencing the Passion of Christ, but I would LOVE some other suggestions.

Have a good one!
Uki

Re: Daily committment thread for 7-20-08

Good morning. Another OP day for me. I'm off to church in a few minutes. Uki, can't help with study material for teens. Kids aren't my thing.
Yesterday was very tiring. We had our homecoming festival. Got to town about 10AM and wandered the antique show. After the parade at 11 I was ready to come home but DH had to work the car show. By the time he was done it was too close to the time I had to work the Historical Society booth that it wasn't worth coming home. So at noon in 90+ heat I went for a walk. If measuring AP by the amount of sweat I must have earned 100 points. Picked up chicken BBQ on the way home and then collapsed.
I'm working on getting my 8 good health guidelines in every day. Have a lot of trouble with the oil. This morning I added the 2 tsp. when I made my eggs. Seems like there is always something I'm lacking.
Everyone have a great day.

Pat

Re: Daily committment thread for 7-20-08

Hey everyone. really good to see all the new people and reciepes and such. Havent had time to post this weekend much. It is time for bed now so I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I'll try catch up on everyones weigh in tomorrow.

chels