Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I thought it was a race

Funny thing has happened to me. I worked so hard, cried when I didn't loose weight, celebrated when I did and thought it would be so grand and relaxing when I made goal. I made goal, working on my last week of maintenance for lifetime and I have learned something kind of important.

TO YOU GIRLS WHO ARE GETTING SO CLOSE OR EVEN HAVE A WAYS TO GO:

Enjoy the journey! Enjoy the steps of loss and things you learn.

I am maintaining my weight right now but need to loose 10-15 lbs for a personal goal. And I have just decided it's never over! Not in a bad way but in a comforting, understanding way that it truly is a lifestyle. It's taken me a year to figure that out.

Maybe you guys figured it out before me

HERE'S TO A BUNCH OF AWESOME LADIES WHO WORK REALLY HARD TO BETTER THEMSELVES.

Re: I thought it was a race

AWWWWWWW Lisa thank you! That was perectly put! I came on here tonight looking for something (I'm not sure what) but I had a very difficult day emotionally and I know when I weight in tomorrow morning I will have stayed the same or have gained for the second week in a row. So because I am an emotional eater, I thought screw it I blew it anyway I am going to eat eat eat tonight. But your inspiring words along with others on here have kept me from doing that! I just realized that if I pigged out because I was depressed about my day and feeling sorry for myself I wouldn't only gain even more but I'd have that much more to lose when I do get my crap together. So thanks to you and the others for all your encouragment to not only me but to everyone you've touched.

~Diane~

Your welcome

Your Welcome

PS. I think I'm going to be up on the scale tomorrow or not loose because of some boredom eating. Two of my kids have strep so I've been stuck home and missed the gym for the last 3 days. I always feel like a blob when I don't get my exercise in.

I'll take it in stride

Lisa - what a great post!!! I agree that this has been such a learning experience for me. This was never just about weight loss - there was so much more I needed to learn about myself and God used my weight loss to teach me. Kudos to you for learning about yourself through this journey. Hang in there - your health is so worth it! Take those weight gains in stride, they happen to all of us and you will get through them too. My husband used to remind me that even when I over ate, or didn't exercise and was beating myself up about it, he would say "Believe it or not, the sun will still rise tomorrow." LOL he was right and that helped me put things in perspective.

HTH,
Uki

I too am grateful for the wise perspective in this posting. Maajida