Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
recipes to share-there is a few. I just typed them up for myself and thought i'd share.

WW's version of
chocolate mousse!

Mixed 3 tablespoons of lite cool whip
1/2 package of Nestle's milk chocolate hot cocoa mix

SUNDAY CROCKPOT CHICKEN

4-6 Chicken Breasts

Mix in a pan on low then pour over chicken:

8 oz cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pkg dry Italian dressing mix

Crockpot 3 hours on high or
Bake 45 min -1 hour at 350`

Serve over rice with extra sauce

Add broccoli if desired

PINTO BEAN FUDGE

1 Cup cooked, soft pinto beans, drained and mashed or reconstituted equivalent of re-hydrated refried beans

¼ cup milk
1 tbsp vanilla
2 lbs powdered sugar
6 oz unsweetened chocolate
6 tbsp butter or margarine
Nuts, chopped (optional)

In large bowl stir beans and milk together, adding enough milk to resemble mashed potatoes in consistency; stir in vanilla.

Melt chocolate and butter and stir into bean mixture. Add nuts.
Gradually stir in powdered sugar to get it well blended. Spread into lightly buttered 9” baking dish or form into two 1 ½ inch rolls.

Chill 1-2 hours. Cut into pieces. Refrigerate.

Oatmeal Choc Chip Cookies
(whole wheat flour)

¼ cup white sugar
¾ cup brown sugar packed
1 cup butter or margarine softened
1 3.4 oz pkg vanilla instant pudding
2 eggs
1 ¼ c wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
3 ½ c quick oats
1 c chocolate chips

Combine butter, sugars and pudding mix in a large mixer bowl. Beat until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs. Add flour and baking soda. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.

Batter will be stiff.

Put on ungreased baking sheet.

Bake 375` for 10-12 min.

Chicken and Dumplings

3 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
4 chicken bullion cubes
2 cups carrots sliced ¼ inch thick
1 cup chopped onions
1 tsp dried basil
½ tsp thyme
¼ tsp white pepper
5 cup water
1 bay leaf
3 cup water
1 cup celery sliced ¼ inch thick
1 10 oz pkg frozen corn
½ tsp salt
Garlic to taste

Dumplings

2 c flour
1 Tbs baking powder
¼ tsp pepper
1 egg
½ tsp salt
3 Tbs minced fresh parsley
2/3 cup milk

DIRECTIONS:

Combine chicken, 5 cup water, parsley bayleaf and bullion in dutch oven, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked. Remove chicken and cool. Chop meat into cubes. Return to broth and add 3 cup water, carrots, celery, onion, corn, basil, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 25 min.

In med bowl combine flour, baking powder salt, pepper, and parsley. Set aside. In small bowl beat egg w/ milk until blended. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir just until ingredients are moist. Bring hot liquid to a boil, drop dumpling mix by level TBS on top. Cover and simmer over low heat about 10 min. Uncover and continue cooking for 10 min more until toothpick comes out clean.

Makes 6-8 servings.

Heidi’s Spanish Rice

2 Tbs oil to coat the bottom of the pan
1 ½ cup rice, cook until smells like popcorn and is dark brown
Add diced onions for one minute until soft
Add fresh garlic and stir
Add 8oz can tomato sauce and stir to incorporate
Add 1 Tomato Bouillon with chicken flavor (Knorr Brand Mexican aisle)
Add 1 ½ cups water
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Simmer on medium heat uncovered stirring occasionally until rice is cooked but not mushy. (may need to add more water)

Then cover and turn to low for 30 minutes. (most of the water should already be gone, only enough left to steam the rice the rest of the way)

PISOLE
This is for a smaller batch (which is really one big pot)

1 package of pork carnitas (Winco should have this type of pork)
2 large cans of homony
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 a cap of chicken boullion
10-14 oz of Hot New Mexico Chili pods

soak the New Mexico Chili Pods in water over night

My father-in-law boils the pork the night before if he wants to have it ready early in the morning, and just put the pork in one dish in the fridge and keep the meat water in the pot in the fridge for the next day.

The day you want to eat:

*boil the meat for 3 hours with the coves of garlic.
*After the meat is cooked, take it out and let it cool. Keep the meat water, and fish out all the floaties. This meat water will be used later on.
*Because you soaked the chili pods, you take them out of the water, cut off the heads of them, and throw them in a blender with some of the meat water. I usually just use a glass to put the meat water into the blender with the chili pods.
*blend the chili pods until it gets liduidy.
*Next take a fine strainer so that the chili seeds can't get through it, and strain the blended chili's. Your purpose here is to get the chili pods grounded up enough to make the meat water spicey and red without getting the seeds into the pisole and without chunks. (This is where pretty much all the flavor comes from). Do this to all of your chili pods. I strain all the chilis into a bowl because I don't want to put this chili water into my big pot yet because I am still using that beef water to strain all the other chilis.
*After all the chilis are blended and strained, with a glass, start putting the chili water into the pot with the other beef water. Put in as much as you like to get it the spiciness you want. After all your pot of water is red from the chili's, add your homony. Let this boil for about half an hour.
*While this is boiling, start breaking apart your pork. The trick is to break it off in bigger chunks (not super big, but bigger than you would take a bite of) because once your homony is cooked, you add the pork and the chicken boullion and simmer for another half an hour. While this is simmering, your pork will shred a little bit and fall apart even more.

Re: recipes to share-there is a few. I just typed them up for myself and thought i'd share.

Wow, Lisa, these look wonderful and I sure needed something new to make! I have been making the same stuff over and over and I am ready for a change!

Thank you for sharing these.

Uki

Re: recipes to share-there is a few. I just typed them up for myself and thought i'd share.

Lisa, thanks for taking the time to post the recipes

Pat

Thanks Lisa they look great!!!

Your welcome.

Lisa, thanks for the recipes. Will try the crockpot chicken tomorrow. Also the shopping list came across perfect, no changes necessary. My 2nd week weight-in, down 4.5 lbs. Last week was 8.4. Sure don't want to lose this momentum.

Wow Jacque that is so awesome. Great job you must be following the plan. Any tips for me?