Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily commitment thread for 8-16-08

Happy Saturday! The board was slow yesterday, so folks must be busy with end of summer activities.

We had some wonderful corn on the cob last night. I oven fried some chicken along with it and it was so good. We still have more, so we are having steak tonight and more corn. There is something about corn on the cob that just tastes like summer. mmmmmmmm

We are off to see scott's folks this afternoon, so we will take a bike ride this morning.

What are your plans? :)

Re: Daily commitment thread for 8-16-08

Good morning. I'm up and ready to get going for the day. Had a good breakfast of grits and eggs and a banana. We're going to a picnic tonight so I'm making a brown rice salad. Cooked the rice last night in the oven. (have you tried baking rice? It's so much easier. Boil 2 1/2 cups of water, pour over 1 1/2 cups brown rice and 1 tsp salt in a glass 8 X 8 pan. Cover with foil and bake for 60 minutes at 375. Sure beats having it boil over on the stovetop).
Will combine the rice with fresh veggies (red onion, cuke, peppers, shredded carrots and sliced black olives) and black beans I bought the new Bountiful salad dressing in the Santa Fe flavor to pour over it. Haven't tried that dressing before hope it's good since it will be my lunch tomorrow also. I'm taking veggie burgers to put on the grill since I'm not sure what meat they will be serving.
Tomorrow is the flea market so will have to pack something for snacking and lunch (maybe grapes-they have been great this year.
No matter what I plan to be OP this weekend.

Pat

good morning everyone...Uki and Patty, you sound energized and focused on staying healthy and enjoying your weekend. My dh is gone on business for a few weeks, and this weekend I'll spending time with my mom (age 88 and in assisted living) taking her lunch and for a drive Sat. and Sun. and will have my 17 mos. old grandson for the weekend to give his mom a break. He is such a bundle of joy, and I get wt. lifting and cardio with taking care of him too, lol. Sunday afternoon and evening will my time to unwind and relax. I'm back to work now after the Summer off and planning to continue OP. Take care, Maajida

Afternoon ladies - sounds like everyone has planned out some very healthy activities and meals this weekend ! Patty - have you ever tried a rice steamer? I love mine - use it nearly every day - does brown rice as well as white rice - just need to add more water. Plus - you don't have to stick around, just turn it on and go - and it'll keep the rice warm for hours.

Down 1.8 at my WW meeting today - very pleased with that. Going to journal every day this week - and try and exercise at least 3 times (in addition to the swimming I do everyday). Would really like to get below 200 by the end of October.