Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Buffalo Chicken Lasagna

Has anyone ever tried to make the buffalo chicken lasagna the night before, store it in the fridge, and bake it the next night?

Buffalo Chicken Lasagna

What is the buffalo chicken lasagna? Is that a recipe from this site? If not, would you mind sharing?

Cheryle

Re: Buffalo Chicken Lasagna

i don't know what it is but it sounds great

If you post the recipe, we can all make it and try putting it in the fridge to test your theory. LOL - just teasing!

Seriously, I have never made it, so I can't answer your question, but I sure would LOVE the recipe. It sounds delicious!! I have made other lasagnas before hand and stored them in the fridge to bake later and it has always worked out just fine, so I think you would be okay.

Uki

I've made it and we really like it. The only problem with making it ahead is the whole wheat pasta doesn't do good being reheated. It makes a really big dish so I made 1/2 a recipe and used Dreamfield low carb pasta instead of the whole wheat.

Here is the recipe that I have (whole recipe)
12 Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles, uncooked
1 lb. skinless chicken breast cubed
3 cups Hunt's Four cheese Spaghetti Sauce
1 cup mild buffalo wing sauce
1 1/2 cup water
15 oz. nonfat ricotta cheese
1/2 cup egg substitute
9 slices 2 % Pepperjack cheese
Preheat oven to 350. Spray skillet with Pam. Cook chicken till almost done. Stir in sauces and water. In small bowl combine ricotta and egg. Spray 9 X 13 pan. Spread 1 cup sauce in pan. Arrange 4 noodles over the sauce. Spread more sauce, then a layer of ricotta mix. Add another layer of sauce and repeat until you end with a layer of sauce. Cover and bake 70 minutes. Uncover and place cheese slices on top then bake 15 minutes uncoveredd. Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.
Serves 9
Per serv. 285 calories. 4 g. Fat, 5 g. Fiber.

Buffalo Chicken Lasagna

Pat, thank you for posting the recipe. Where do you find buffalo wing sauce? I have never seen it, although I wouldn't have a reason to be looking for it. I don't eat buffalo wings.

Cheryle

Cheryle, since I'm only 90 miles from Buffalo I never thought about not being able to find it. Around here it is usually in the area with hot sauce etc. An alternative is Red hot sauce. I don't like it really hot so usually go light on it.
I love Buffalo wings but the calorie count it way too much. I do occasionally use chicken breast and pour sauce over it. The real wings are deep fried.

Pat

Buffalo Chicken Lasagna

LOL Pat! Thank you. I have never looked for it, so it very well may with the hot sauces. I don't eat buffalo wings, not because they are not available here, I just don't like them. I'm not crazy about spicy things at all. Would you have any other recommendations besides buffalo wing sauce or hot sauce?

Cheryle