Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily commitment for 9/1/08

Happy Labor Day. How did it get to be Sept. already? I guess it's true that the older you get the faster time goes.
Yesterday was a good OP day. Today I plan to get back on the bicycle. Yesterday was the end of our walking competition for work so now I can do something different. I still have the borrowed recumbent bike so better get it out. I have to weigh in a day early this week so need to burn some calories.
Tonight I'm making taco salad. The grocery had some ground sirloin on sale for 1.99/lb yesterday so will use that with taco seasoning. Put that on lettuce with tomatoes, avacado, black beans and fat free cheddar cheese. On top of that put fat free sour cream and salsa. Huge meal, all Core.

Hope you have a great day.

Pat

Daily commitment for 9/1/08

Pat, can I come eat with you? That sounds really good. Have a good Labor Day. I'm like you, how in the world did it get to be September already?

Cheryle

Re: Daily commitment for 9/1/08

Pat,

Cheryle and I are both coming for dinner. What time should we be there?

You meal sounds delightful. I am making an invention for lunch - zucchini, onions, tomatoes and mushrooms cooked in garlic and marsala and poured over pasta. I will let you know if it turns out okay. I have all these fresh veggies I need to use up, so this is a way to try to do that.

Cheryle and Uki, I told Jim we were having company for supper. He said to tell you that we waited as long as we could but you missed it. The taco salad was very good. As usual I ended up making it bigger than I intented by the time I put everything on the plate.

Pat

Uki, how ws your new recipe?

If there are leftovers, you can pop them in the mail to me. LOL

The recipe turned out pretty good - it just needed more garlic. I will remember that next time. :)