Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Butternut Squash Fries

Oh My....what a find I've discovered! I seriously didn't think I'd like them but OMW they were awesome with some ranch dipping sauce.

Anyone else tried making these?

Re: Butternut Squash Fries

sounds delish...can you tell us how to make them and what calories are involved? Thanks, maajida

How did you make them Carrie?

Pat

I would recommend anyone not knowing how to cut up one of these to go to ronisweigh.com and look up her video on how to cut up the squash...they are a little tricky, but I thought well worth the effort. A friend gave me one from her garden and Meijer had these on sale recently too.

Here's the link to the video...just copy and paste it into your browser: http://greenlitebites.com/index.php?s=butternut squash

That being said, I sliced them into fry cuts, sprayed them down with olive oil spray, added some onion powder (just a little), kosher salt, and pepper and baked on 400 for about 35 min. They were good. One squash makes about 2 huge servings and I count one serving as 2 points and that might be on the high side....they are really high in fiber (7)....anyway, they are really good.

I love butternut squash!! I have never made the fries before, but I will try them. I usually just cook it in a little water in the oven until it is soft and then scoop it out of its' shell and eat it. I don't have to put a thing on it. It's so good all by itself. yum!