Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily commitment thread 9-11-08

This is a somber day for us over here - the 7th anniversary of the bombing of the world Trade Center. I find it amazing that it has truly been 7 years. I remember the day so clearly. We were homeschooling at that time, so I never had the TV on. My mom called in a panic and was literally screaming over the phone for me to turn on CNN. I did and saw the footage of the first plane crash. Anna was only 2, so she didn't understand, but Wes was old enough. I called him over and explained what had happened and we watched as the 2nd plane hit and as the car bomb exploded in front of the pentagon. It changed me to see that. I never thought something like that could happen in MY country. I am different now. The world my children will grow up in, is different now. It saddens me - we have lost some of our innocence and now we must be judgemental and wary of everything. It is so sad.

Where were you and what were you doing 7 years ago this morning?

I got a lot of running around done yesterday. Got groceries, bought shoes for Scott, Anna and Mitch. Anna got Hannah Montana shoes from Wal-Mart and LOVES them! Today I will get chores done and take a bike ride.

What are your plans?

Re: Daily commitment thread 9-11-08

Good morning. You are right Uki about remembering where you were. It's like the day Kennedy got killed. I remember that day exactly also.
I'm off to WW this AM and then to the Y. Went to the new Y on Tuesday and really liked the class. Today is a class more for stretching and balance, in the water, so will walk on the treadmill between WW and the class.
Have to pack the camper for our short trip to PA and Maryland. Our son is competing in a Jeep rock crawling competition on Sat. It is scary to watch him driving over rocks and up hills but he loves it. Then to his house on Sunday and come home Monday.
Today will be another OP day for me.

Pat

First of all, I had a great OP day yesterday.

7 yrs. ago, I was at work and we got word about the first plan, so we went into conference room and stole the TV and brought it up to the front desk area where I was working and me and the dr. I worked for at the time stood there together and watched the second tower fall. He turned to me and asked me if I thought the world was going to come to an end that day. That man NEVER spoke to me and I'd worked with him for several years. Anyhow, my aunts company was stationed in one of those towers and her company lost every employee there, so about 1/3 of her company.

Tonight is my interview at the bakery. It's going to be a very long day. WE have no patients scheduled to come in and so I'll just be sittin here all day long dreaming about doing something else.

OP though!! Have a great day.

Seven years ago I was in my third grade classroom at
my school. My class was in an hour long art class, so
I had turned on the classroom TV for the "luxury" of
watching the Today Show. I saw the coverage when the
first tower was hit, and no one really knew what had
happened, but I had to turn off the TV as my class was
due to return. As soon as I could, I headed to the
computer to send email to our daughter in Seattle. I
wanted to alert her to what was going on. She then
became my line of information since she began to keep
up with developments herself. Residents in our neigh-
borhood sadly lost a son that day. His office was in
one of the towers. When my principal made the dismis-
sal announcements that afternoon, he said, "God bless
America." On the way to the bus, one of my students
said he had never heard the principal pray before, and
he wondered what had happened. We all wanted the chil-
dren to be with their families for the details of the
day to be related how their parents wanted them to
know. So many things have been changed forever from
that day.

Today will also have a degree of difficulty for me
here. A former co-worker and acquaintance of more than
20 years passed away on Tuesday evening, and visita-
tion is tonight. She had been ill for several months.
She was only 61 years old.

I have once again decided to try Core. The other time I tried I was very nervous about it and didn't last
more than five days, but I think my attitude is better
this time. I have had gains for two consecutive month-
ly weighins, so I am doing this to see if it will have
a losing effect. I am also back to weekly weighins.:(
So far, so good on the Core plan. I have also tried to
take steps to eliminate foods with high fructose corn
syrup as one of the ingredients, and I no longer use
any sweetener in my tea. Also, I have made a real ef-
fort to work in the three dairy and two oil servings
a day.

Our summer garden production seems to be slowing some,
but the fall crops are coming right along. It will be
keeping us busy awhile longer, hopefully.

Well, all of you seem to be doing well and keeping
busy. I check in about every day, whether I post or
not.

Nellie

Seven years ago, I was anticipating one of my older sisters coming out for a visit. As usual, I had the tv on listening and watching the morning news after my husband had gone to work. I was glued to the tv for the rest of the day. I called all my children. The oldest lives in the same town with us, the younger lived in Florida at the time, and our son was in college in Colorado. I was wishing for all of them to be HOME. My sister delayed her plans for a day, just to see what else might happen.

Since that day, I have viewed life a lot differently. My younger daughter's husband is in the AIR FORCE and the military means so much for our safety. I thank God for his blessings thus far on our nation. Times have definitly changed.

I went grocery shopping early this week, then picked up my 3yr old granddaughter for the week-end. I will get two of the grandsons (5 and 9) tomorrow after school. My efforts to stay OP will be somewhat challenged!! LOL!! Just from the change of pace, if nothing else!!

Nellie, First I'm so sorry to hear of the death of your friend.
I've been on Core since the Spring and my body is so happy with it. I still lose slowly but wt. is still going down. My advise is to give Core a good 3 weeks at least. There is a lot to learn and so many people stop after the first week. When I went on Core I didn't lose anything the first week but lost 6 the next week. If you haven't been on Weightwatchers.com message boards do check out the Core board. Those people are so knowledgable and I learned so much from reading their posts. If I can be any help let me know.

Pat

Thank you so much, Pat. You were very encouraging to
me when I mentioned that I would try it before. So far, so good.

Hope you have a great week-end. Sounds like it will be
fun.

Nellie