Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Off program since July

Hi all, I haven't posted in several months, except a few here and there. I have been off program since July and have gained a bunch of weight back. I feel I'm ready to get going again but just can't get motivated. I'm so mad at myself for letting it get this far but I can't go back and change what I've done. If I could just get one day of being OP behind me it would get me going. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Thanks gals.
Laura

Re: Off program since July

Waving at Laura!!

Hi Laura and welcome back. We have truly missed you and welcome you back with open arms. No judgement here, just lots of encouragement and support. We have all been in your shoes, so I know how hard it can be.

So, that being said, get out your journal and join us again. Are you doing flex or core? We started a posting of menu ideas and Patty is doing core and I think the rest of us are doing flex.

Didn't you have some knee problems in the past? How is that now? I remember you had a wedding not too long ago as well. How is the happy couple?

Please don't feel badly about starting again. We are so happy you are here and we will support you in any way we can. A journey begins with a single step and you have done that.

((((((HUGS)))))))),
Uki

Thanks Uki for your support and enthusiasm. I'm not the one with the bad knees but my son did get married in July and they are very happy. They're both in their 3rd yr. of college so they are very busy with school and work, thanks for asking.
Laura

Oh my failing memory. LOL Well, I guess it is good you don't have bad knees, huh? LOL I was trying to set you up with an ailment you didn't have. :)

I am glad you are back and let us know what plan you are on and how we can help.

Uki

Welcome back, Laura!

Forget about the passed and focus on the here and now. Just take it meal by meal for awhile and you'll get back in the grove.

Good to see you back!

I'm on the flex plan, when I'm OP.
Laura

Laura,

Can you plan out your meals for the day and then instead of even looking at trying to stay OP for the day, look at staying OP for that meal? Sometimes breaking things down into even smaller chunks of time helps me.

Also, for me it has helped to have something to do planned for when I am done eating. I mean, I sometimes eat and then I am not hungry but I have a taste for more food. I just want to eat because it tastes good. So, I decide before I eat that when my plate of planned food is gone, I am going to vacuum, or check the mail, or whatever. Most times that activity is enough to distract me long enough that the desire lessens and I can beat it. I also remind myself that if I don't overindulge, I can eat whatever I have planned for the next meal.

I hope that helps a little. Please check in and let us know how you are doing.

Anyone else have any suggestions for staying OP for Laura?

Thanks Uki, I'll give those suggestions a try.

Laura

Welcome back Laura. You've made the first step so stay with us and we'll help you. I remember a while ago someone said they had fallen off the wagon and we told her we were circleing around to pick her up, so let us help you. When we help others it seems to help us also.

Pat

Laura-
Glad to have you back...you have already taken the first step in getting back OP. Start with today and take it one day at a time so it is not so overwhelming. We have definitely all been there and will probably be there again - the main thing is that you are looking to get back on track and then you can move forward. I find attending meetings helps me. What worked for you in the past? Maybe make a commitment to just changing one thing today - ie: writing down in your journal or getting in some exercise.

You did it before so you can do it again!
Marilyn