Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Recipe - Sweet & Sour Pork

I tried this recipe for dinner last night. I've had it for years from WW (one of the index card types that they had in like 2000).

This makes 6 servings, 4 points per serving (I did the calculating and made only 2 servings, so I wouldn't be tempted to have more!)

1 can (15-16oz) pineapple tidbits (canned in juice)
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 1/2 pounds boneless pork tenderloin, cut into 1- inch chunks
2 cups fresh or frozen bell pepper strips

Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice, set pineapple aside. In small bowl or cup, combine reserved juice, the soy sauce, vinegar, and cornstarch, stirring until cornstarch is dissolved; set aside.

In wok or skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add pork; stir-fry until well browned, 5-10 minutes. Stir in peppers and reserved pineapple. Add reserved juice mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, until pork is cooked through, 5-10 minutes. Serve immediately.

Nutrition info: 197 calories, 4.6g fat, 0.7 fiber

I served it over rice, with green beans, and a slice of sweet onion. Afterwards, I though, I should have added onion to the recipe, but not enough to change the points! It was so delicious! Hope you'll try it if you like this kind of thing. It is SIMPLE AND EASY, just the way I like cooking to be!

Re: Recipe - Sweet & Sour Pork

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm!!! This looks so good. Thank you for sharing, Diane!

Re: Recipe - Sweet & Sour Pork

Sounds great. Would be good over brown rice.

Pat