Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Daily committment thread for 11-17-08

Good morning everyone. We had a super weekend. My oldest turned 10 and we had a big party for him. It was a lot of fun. Had a house full of people all day long. I think all the kids had a good time and the adults couldn't believe all the work I put into it.

On the food front, I've been really bad this last week. You name it, I've had it. It stops today. I've got out my journal and I'm sticking to my side of the cabinets and so forth. I actually feel pretty ill from all the sugar. I really don't think "sweets" will ever taste bad to me.

Anyway, Uki, my goal is to get some pics uploaded soon, so be on the lookout.

I'm off today and have a busy day of cleaning ahead of me.

Have a good one.

I'm OP today. I weighed in and lost another 6 lbs. that's 18.7 in 3 wks. It seems like quite a bit, but I have a whole lot to lose. DH lost 1.7 this week.

I tried the cheesecake and it wasn't very good. The texture was yucky. The flavor was just a little okay but of course no where near a real cheesecake .

Uki, hope you had a nice Anniversary weekend with Scott. I did have a great time with my granddaughter. As soon as she leaves I start missing her. She's going to be 2 yrs. old on Dec. 21st and she is starting to say the cutest things. I just love this age.

We woke up to about 4 inches of snow here in Michigan, it is gorgeous outside, looks like a winter wonderland. I think I'll put some Christmas music on and clean house. Have a great day everyone.

Laura

Just stopping in to say Hi. Left home at 5:30 this AM. Worked till noon then did some Christmas shopping. We leave next Tues. to visit family so had to get shopping done. We will celebrate at T-giving. Couldn't believe that everything is on sale. Most 40-60% off. My eating has been so-so today. Couldn't face breakfast that early so toasted 2 low point english muffins and put a little peanut butter on them. Not Core but not terrible. Took my lunch with me so that was OP. Soon I'll be back on a regular schedule and will be able to plan my meals better.
Carrie, glad your son had fun at his party. All your hard work was worth it, now take care of yourself. Tomorrow is another day.

Pat

Our week-end with the grandkids was great....we raked leaf piles and jumpe in them, rode the 4-wheeler, learned to target practice with a pellet pistol, put up the Christmas tree and they put on all the ornaments except the very top that my husband had to climb to finish (most of the ornaments are on the lower limbs, of course,...may have to make a few adjustments to it when I have time!)That is only a few of the things. Needless to say, I was worn out last night after taking them home.

Today has been hectic, also. We sold one of our campers that we've had on the market and we had to meet the couple. I had a few things in a couple of storage places that I hadn't been able to get to until the camper was moved so the slide-out could let out. That all took several hours.

I had to run to the grocery store before returning home, then make a "healthy dessert" to take to MOPS tonight. Do s few things at the house, then be at church at 4:45.

I will share the recipe tomorrow that I took. It was a WW and everyone loved it! Great for the holidays!

I sampled a couple of things at our meeting tonight, but allowed for those points, so I feel good about an OP day. I am trying not to feel deprived and I am learning that one taste does not "do you in". It's all those other bites that follow, if you allow them, that gets you in trouble.

I plan to make this an OP holiday season.

Hope your day was great and you are planning ahead as I am for the challenges ahead.

Tomorrow I am planning to catch up on all the posts I have missed the last couple of days, too!!