Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Daily commitment for 11/22

Sorry for the spelling of your name Maajida.....I have made myself a note of EVERYONE'S names, so maybe I will get the spelling correct from now on!

Maaj, it's good to see you back on the board. I just recently came back after a 3 month eating binge. I started out good yesterday but all I wanted to do was eat all day long. I over ate my pts. but trying to get back on track today, although I want to eat a lot today too. I don't know what it is. Have a great weekend everyone.
Laura

Hi Laura and Diane, and thanks so much for welcoming me back and making me feel so understood. I appreciate the way you both reached out to me. I am taking it one day at a time...sometimes, one hour or one minute at a time. I can identify with what you said about wanting to eat all day and about how hard it is to not go over points and to stay OP. I am starting to cope on the way back to food sanity by taking a good look at what my behavior really means...I understand that it is seldom about the food or eating, but about so much more. After months on system overload, I am cutting back on everything that is not absolutely mandatory in my life, and that is helping. I miss being OP and the mental, emotional, and physical health that brings. You're right...it is very much appreciated being able to have a place like this to check in at, filled with people who understand. This is a challenging OP time of year what with all the holiday gatherings and special occasion foods, and yet I know that being OP through this time of year, and in a balanced and non-depriving way, is what fitness dreams are made of. Thanks again, Maajida

I am here, better late than never. LOL we had a busy morning and afternoon and this was the first I got to the computer.

Maaj, hang in there. You know we all have been there too and have been in your shoes. Tomorrow is a new day and all you need to do is take it one meal at a time. Look back and see all the progress you have made and all you have learned. You are not the same person you were before and you can get through this. Don't beat yourself up - that will only make it worse. Forgive yourself, tell yourself all the things you would tell a good friend experiencing the same, give yourself a hug, and move on. This is not fatal. YOu did nothing morally wrong. You are a wonderful person who simply ate too much. That is all. Nothing more.

HUGS TO YOU!!!
Uki

Oh, Uki, I am so grateful for your kind words and wise perspective. Thankyou from the bottom of my heart. Will go post of OP committment for today, Sun. 11/23, as it's nearly noon Calif. time and nobody has posted yet. Thanks again, maajida