Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Daily commitment thread for 11-24-08

Good morning. Today is final gift wrapping and packing for our trip. We leave early tomorrow morning. I got all the cloth shopping bags, that I'm using for gift bags, made and most of them filled. Just have a couple more packages to wrap. Sounds like we may be driving in rain most of the way. Just hope it doesn't start freezing. It will be so nice to have our whole family together. That is assuming our son gets away from work and gets in from Maryland. Since he owns his own business there is no one else to fix computers if he is needed.
Have been thinking about what food to pack in the car. The trip to my mom's is about 9 hours. I like to keep healthy snacks available. It seems we want to snack more when we are driving. I'm taking oranges (peeled and sectioned), making some point friendly muffins for me and choc. chip muffins for Jim. May boil some eggs. Think I'll pop a big bag of popcorn. That should get us through. We'll stop for lunch along the way.
I'm determined to get that 0.1 pound off for the next weigh in.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Just remember it is Thanksgiving DAY not Thanksgiving WEEKEND. Enjoy those special foods on Thursday and then give them away.

Pat

Good morning Pat, Uki, and everyone. Day three begins for me of being able to post OP after a bad relapse. Thanks so much for all the positive words and encouragement I find here. Uki, don't worry if you don't always make it early enough to start this daily posting thread...you do such a wonderful job watching out for everyone, that I hope you know how much you are appreciated. Sounds like you are having some busy but joyful days. Patty, have a good trip. Sounds like you have the snacking issues well planned for and I appreciate the words of advice about 'Thanksgiving DAY' and not Thanksgiving weekend. I needed to hear that since I am so newly coping with being back OP after a relapse. It's hard to figure out how to enjoy all the Thanksgiving dinner goodies and still not go back to the destructive habits I am trying to get away from. The reminder about DAY instead of weekend really helped put things in perspective. Hope it's a joyful week for all, Maajida

Hi all, I'm OP and just weighed in. I only lost .7 lbs. Nothing like the previous 3 wks. but not a gain. I'm getting ready to give my MIL a perm and cut, then just hanging around the house most of the day. We're supposed to get more snow today and tonight, I'm loving it. Have a great day everyone.
Laura