Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Finally wakening up and realizing the truth

Michelle, welcome to this "little family" of losers! LOL! I, too was in the same boat as you....tried the diet pills back in the 90's, lost a little weight, messed up my blood pressure, and then gained all the weight back. I had become a WW lifetime member in 1974, but never was able to keep the weight off successfuly. I was at goal, maybe, three different times. I had learned all the basic "rules" of good eating, etc, but never applied them. I am an emotional eater and have had a lot to deal with over the years with death of parents, illness and near death of my son, bankruptcy, on and on.....

Finally, this year, two days before my 59th birthday, I decided I was going to get in better physical and mental shape before my 60th birthday, so I went to WW on the Saturday after my birthday and have only missed a few meeting since then when I was out of town or had grandkids, etc. Anyway, slow and steady is winning the race. I may not make it to goal by January 15, but I am closer than I've been in a long time. The weight has come off slowly which is the best way since I have learned to eat properly along the way. It has been a great ride which I intend to continue.

This site has been so helpful to me since I found it during the summer. Hang in here with us! It's great support. Everyone answers question, shares recipes, and just life in general of how we're doing every day. It's great!

CLIMB ABOARD and ENJOY THE RIDE....

Re: Finally wakening up and realizing the truth

Welcome, Michelle!! You are doing the right thing by getting started and taking it a day at a time. Feel free to ask questions and share ideas. We are all in the same boat as far as weight loss. Carrie is right about good days and bad days and this board has helped so many of us. We are glad you found us and let us know how we can help you. :)