Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Thanks to all that wrote me.

Michelle, you are one smart lady! I agree that the 1 pound/1 day mentality is a good one. I have even taken to to just 1 meal at a time. I used to really suffer from that thinking of either being 100% on plan or 100% off plan. There was no middle ground for me. That set me up for failure because I started to see WW as a diet not a lifestyle. Once I let go of that and allowed myself some breathing room, things got much better. I can splurge now on one meal, and then get right back on track. In the past, one splurge made me throw open the barn doors for the rest of the day and have a foodfest. I am glad you found us, and please feel free to post anytime. We are glad you are here. :)

Michelle, just wanted to welcome you to our little area of the web. I'm just catching up on messages since I was gone for a week. Sounds like you have the right attitude.

Pat

Michelle, you can see we're all alike! Uki, you said my exact thoughts about the change in lifestyle. Before, I was either totally on or totally off program. Until I decided that I could allow myself to eat in a real world without the word DIET and still stay on program, I was getting nowhere.

We can all make changes and still enjoy life as we are on this journey of weight loss. I have learned so many things this year and knowing that I don't have to be deprived is wonderful. I splurge on a meal occasionally and it isn't fatal! Keeping our mindset on our health and future are what really counts! The pounds will come off! Mine has been slow, but the efforts have been worth every minute of it!

One day at a time will get you there, so hang in there with all the rest of us, Michelle. We are all seeking the same goal!!