Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wanting to Chop Down the Whole Dang Forest at Once

Thanks everyone for sending me messages. As I was reading some of the post I began to think about how I tend to tackle everything in life I tend to want to chop all the trees down in the forest all at once knowing full well you cant do that. I know when it comes to the weight issue I want to see it instantly. I suppose thats because we are in an instant world in lots of ways. I never had a weight issue even after child birth I was right back in my skinny clothes however after having a major operation I let things slide. Oh I gained and lost with diet pills of course it worked for a while then they stopped working but I still took them because I had the enegry I need to get through my 18 hour work days. However I promised my husband I would not take them again because I know they are bad for ya duh just that instant bust of I can do everything and I can do it now .
Well I found my self on the scales and got off in disbelife at what it read I guess I didnt want to look at myself of course my husband left little hints with out trying to hurt my feelings. We just purchased the house of our dreams out in the country and I noticed just going up the stairs about killed my knees and I know it was the weight I need to lose about 45 to 50 pounds you would not think that makes a big difference in ones body and joints but as I get older my gosh does it and I am not that old. I am so thankful that you all responded back and thank God he lead me here. I agree to a post that was sent to me this morning they stopped calling it a diet but now it is a life style change I love that I think I am a really slow learner or I just didnt want to deal with my issues and I think the last statement is more the truth however I am ready to cut those trees down one by one of course we are talking pounds one by one it didnt get there over night no matter how bad I would love to believe that. Oh yeah have a question for you gals have any of you ever noticed when you say diet you stay hungry and want to eat all the time?
Well I have got to go putting up Christmas today and still unpacking so it is a great workout day besides.
Thanks so much ladies for making me feel so very welcome again thank you. ME

Re: Wanting to Chop Down the Whole Dang Forest at Once

Michelle,

The word "diet" has "die" in it..and that's what I felt like when I referred to WW as a diet in the beginning. Just think of it as a lifestyle change rather than a diet or you'll start to feel like you are "dying" w/o certain things. That's the beauty of WW, nothing is off limits as long as you "count" it in to your daily plan.

Carrie

Hi there! :)

I agree about diet having "die" in it. Dieting is the pits. It is miserable and is all about deprivation. I am the one that always looked at WW as an all or none thing. Actually, that was how I looked at eating in general. I either ate "perfectly" or I ate HORRIBLY. There was nothing in between. Well, I had to learn that that is not real life. Real life is learning how to eat for the long run. It meant conquering holidays, eating out, little bites here and there and learning how to balance it all out. Food isn't good or bad - there are no BAD foods. When we start thinking that way, it makes us feel deprived when we don't get those good foods, and guilty when we do. How's that for putting ourselves between a rock and a hard place???? It is a no win situation. I had to learn how to eat like a normal person. For me, that meant looking at portion sizes, beginning to trust my body as to the food I wanted to eat and in what amounts, learning to balance treats with healthy foods and giving myself permission to eat what I wanted in normal amounts. I learned to balance a higher point meal with a lower one or to balance it with activity points. I watched other people without weight issues, eat. They might eat a lot some days and less others. They might eat a big Thanksgiving meal and then nothing for dinner that night, not because they were punishing themselves, but because they weren't hungry. Makes sense to me. I eat like that now, but it took several years to get there. I am still learning, but it gets easier. take it one tree at a time. Soon you will have a clear spot...

hugs,
Uki

Michelle,

I completly understand where you are coming from. Last year we went on vacation with some amazingly fit buff friends and I had let myself slide big time.
I had very little time to get into those tiny swimsuits I really wanted to wear. How I wished everything would happen instantly.

I did get into kick but shape within about 3 months, so I had to take it on a day by day approach and it was the best thing once I saw it as a "one day at a time thing"!

Best wishes and we're all here with you!! I LOVE WW and what it's done for me in the past. Today's my first day back on WW. :)

I am responding late, but just wanted to offer my support and say that as another person who's also been struggling to cut down all those trees at once, I totally understand the posting that started this dialogue here. Even though I didn't post it, I feel lucky to have read all the responses and to be able to benefit hopefully from their wise perspective. maajida