Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Daily Committment Thread - 12/21/08

The new Momentum plan is basically the old Core plan with counting points. You eat from the Core food list mostly (fruits, veggies, ff dairy, whole grains, 93% lean gr. beef, lean cut of meat). They are trying to get people to concentrate on eating good foods instead of a lot of the 100 calorie packs and junk that they could fit into their point allowance. One of the changes is that you can bank your activity points for the week instead of having to use them the day they are earned. You also still have the 35 weekly points. If you don't like counting points they are introducing Simply Filling in week 6 which is eating only from the filling foods list (just like old Core). That is the new program in a nutshell. Oh, they added exercise into the good health guidelines.
My biggest challenge is portion size. Still eat too much with my eyes instead of checking my hunger level.

Pat

Re: Daily Committment Thread - 12/21/08

It's very late and I'm ready to go to bed but wanted to thank those that have given me advice on the eating front. I didn't do very good today, went to Red Lobster and had the coconut shrimp and soup, bad choice. Came home and ate cookies and ice cream, very very bad choice. Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully I'll be so busy with my grandchildren I won't want to overeat.
Laura