Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Daily commitment 12/29

I'm OP atoday, girls, and hope that more of you are as well.
We HAVE come way too far to give up now.
Don't wait until Jan 1st to get back OP.
Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Good to see more on here today!!! I've missed everyone posting as much as we did prior to the holiday. I was off early this a.m. to attend a memorial service for our neighbor who died while on vacation in Florida, so my day sort of got out of "kilter"! I just now ate breakfast/lunch and now going shopping with my sister.

I did manage to get in my 1-mile walk before my shower this morning, though, so that was a good feeling!

I'm OP today. Have just put on the crockpot full of Taco Soup for dinner tonight, so I won't have to do a lot when we get back from shopping! Yeah!

UKI, WHERE ARE YOU??? Just busy with the family, I hope.

Have a good OP day everyone....

Hi everyone...just checking in for an OP day...you all are so right about not waiting till Jan. 1st. to restart our efforts if we've been struggling...I'd easily be 20 lbs. heavier if I let that happen...sigh....but it just feels so much better to slowly be building up the number of OP days in a row, and I am determined to continue....Diane, your taco soup sounds delicious...can you share the recipe? I am always looking for soup recipes that give alot to munch for the points or calories involved. Take care, everyone. Maajida

I am OP today as well. I did fine over the holidays - some splurging but nothing wild and crazy. Even so, it feels good to be back to normal. I ate well today and exercised and that is the plan for tomorrow too. I remind myself that it is a holiDAY not a holiMONTH. LOL For me, things have been so busy with family and such, that I just take it one day at a time and do the best I can. Real life sometimes throws a monkey wrench in our plans and we have to just roll with it and I am finally at the place where I can do just that. It used to be that I was either OP or WAY off plan and that created more problems for me. Now I balance it out. That may mean over the course of the week or it may be that I eat a big meal early in the day and eat lightly the rest of the day. I just have to find what works for me. No matter what, I feel better when I have that balance and don't deprive myself of something I really want. Just my humble 2 cents.

Uki

Yea, Uki, good to hear you on here! I am with your thinking for the holiDAY and not holiMONTH! I have not deprived myself either and feel good about the choices that I made. Once you're finally in a solid routine, that feels normal to us! I'm finally at that point!