Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Salad Dressings

I was wondering if u could all give me your two cents on this. I love salad. Which is great! but I also love the salad dressing. I am very content to just have salad and dressing with out all the extras but I am not enjoying all the calories and fat from the dressing even though I use lite ranch it is still two points for 2 tbsp. and 7 grams of fat.

so my question is what salad dressing do all u use. and if u have tried all the fat free options which ones are better than others. I'd like to find a fat free one but I've tried a couple and they make me not even want to eat a salad if that is all I am going to use.

Thanks in advance for the help
Chels

Re: Salad Dressings

I'm a ranch girl. However, I cannot stand the FF dressings as they tend to have a too much vinegar or something that makes them "wangy."

I like Fit/Active Lite Ranch from Aldi or Newman's Southwest Ranch (the one McDonalds uses for the SW Salad). Those are my favs. They are still about 2 pts. per serving, but I'd rather spend the points on a dressing I like.

I like Italian dressing and like the Wal-Mart brand (Great Value) FF Italian. It is 0 points. I have also learned to like just plain red wine vinegar with NO oil on my salad. That was an acquired taste, and only works if you LOVE vinegar.

usually I have just red wine vinegar but if I need to get my healthy oils in I'll put that on the salad (if I remember) I have a hard time remembering the oils.
The spray dressings aren't bad if you only use the number of sprays for 1 serving.

Pat