Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily commitment 1/9

Good morning. I'm up earlier than usual since I have to go with my friend for her MRI this morning. We were supposed to get 7 inches of snow last night on top of the 6 yesterday so thought we'd have to leave extra early. Doesn't look like we got more than a couple inches overnight. I sure don't mind when they get the forecast wrong in that direction.
We will be going to lunch after her appt. Olive Garden was mentioned. I went online last night and looked at their nutritional info. YIKES. There were only a couple things on the menu that had fat gms. in the single digits. How can the restaurants justify feeding such fatty stuff to people. I'm going to suggest that we go somewhere else.
Didn't have any oatmeal made this AM so I tried hot shredded wheat. Poured milk on it and micro. It was very mushy so added Fiber 1 to have a little crunch. It was OK but will probably only use it in an emergency.
Hope you all have a good day.

Pat

Re: Daily commitment 1/9

Wishing your friend luck with the MRI today!! Hope all goes well.
Today I will continue to organize the house. Trying to get rid of all the clutter and stuff we dont need. Our intention was to sell this spring. But with my layoff and my husbands hours reduce we might just stay put. Just need more room as the kids get older ya know. But somethings just have to wait. Its a want not a need right now. Maybe I can get DH to do some improvement projects too

Doing pretty good on the food front this week. Worst craving is at night I was able to save 4 points after supper (it was quite early) so I decided to treat myself to a small serving of rasberry frozen yogurt. At half of it and threw the other half away. I was so proud of my self. All I a had needed was a couple of spoonfuls to satisfy my craving for it. I wanted an orange instead.
Lets hope day 5 goes just as good.
Hope u all have a wonderful friday

chels

Didn't want to get up this a.m. since I had no obligations! LOL! Husband even brought coffee to bed for me, but I did get up a few minutes before 7:00. I've already done my walking and plan for an OP day today. It was so good to be back in my routine yesterday. I was still tired from the travel and stiff from being in the vehicle 11 hours driving, so this will be a much better day since I finally loosened up enough to do my walking! LOL!

Hope everyone has a great day. Pat, we'll be thinking of your friend this morning. Pray all goes well.

Morning everyone. I'm doing well this week on the food front. Did great yesterday.

I'm headed down for the viewing for my uncle later on. Funeral is tomorrow. They have said there's going to be snow, so I'm packed in case I can't get home tonight. I hope that's not the case though.

Anyway, went to the dr. yesterday...I'm still not feeling well and I've taken 3 of my Z-pac pills so far. My throat feels like it is closing off..kind of like I'm being choked by some invisible person...ugh! Anyhow, have to get a few things done before I head out the door.

Take care everyone and have a great OP day. May not be on the board much this weekend...so have a good one.

I'm OP today and have been looking at Kim Bensen's website. She's got a new book out that's called Finally Thin. She has lost 200 lbs. and her before and after pic on the book cover and her website is amazing. Wouldn't even know it was the same person. I can't wait to buy the book and read it. You all have a wonderful weekend and Carrie get that throat better, I hate a sore throat.

Laura

Good morning! I was up early for a women's ministry meeting this morning. What a nice group of ladies!

OP today. I got the treadmill out of the way and passed on ALL the snacks at the meeting. Yay!

Big snow storm headed our way for the weekend... I am glad we have no plans!

Thinking of all of you...

Uki

Just wanted to let you know that my friend had good news at the Dr. today. She had a MRI, mammogram, ultrasound and biopsy. We got to the office at 8:15 and didn't leave till 1:15. They didn't see anything to be worried about but have to wait till Monday evening for results of the biopsy.
I was so hungry after eating breakfast at 6:30. Finally broke down and had a Fiber 1 bar about 12. We went to a sandwich shop for lunch and I had a spinach wrap with chicken, lettuce, kalamata olives and feta cheese. Put it into the recipe builder and if was about 6 points. Went to friends for pizza tonight. I took my sandwich thins and all the fixins and made my own pizzas. She took out the prepared Nestle's toll house cookies dough and baked up 2 dozen cookies. They sure smelled good but I resisted. Came home and had my Bryer's Free ice cream. I've used quite a few weekly points since yesterday so will have to earn activity points like crazy the rest of the week.

Pat

Great news about your friend!! hope the biopsy comes back just as good. Also good for u stress is a good trigger to tempt u to eat what u arent supposed to. Sounds like u have willpower of steel. Especially those cookies!!

Well today is only day 5 and I feel hungry today.This is my fourth time on ww. wish me luck girls!!

Julie, hang in there. The more days you get behind you being OP, the easier it becomes. I've been on it so many times, I've lost count, but I finally decided that it was time to make a real change and I have been back on program for a year on the 12th. There will be plenty of days that you might be hungry, but always reach for those filling and low point snacks. You will learn quickly what will stick with you the longest. Start walking or doing some type exercise that will boost your energy level and stay BUSY. Idle time is my worst enemy.

You can do it! Keep posting and everyone here will give you support and encouragement any time you need it. It has been a great source of both for me!!

Diane S