Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Baked Beef Ziti recipe

Here is a recipe that I found on the WW website last night. I think someone was asking if anyone had a recipe for Ziti.

12 oz. uncooked Ziti
2 tsp. olive oil
2 med. garlic cloves, minced
1/3 lb. lean gr. beef
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried rosemary
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
28 oz. canned crushed tomatoes
1 cup part skimmed mozzarella cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta according to pkg. directions, drain and set aside. Meanwhile, heat oil in a med. saucepan over med. heat. Add garlic & saute 2 min. Add beef and cook until browned, breaking up meat with spoon as it cooks, about 3-5 minutes. Drain off excess fat & set pan back over med. heat. Add oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt & pepper. Stir to coat beef. Cook until herbs become fragrant, about 2 min. Add tomatoes & bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer for 5 min. Spoon a small amt. of beef-tomato mixture into bottom of a 4 qt. casserole dish (just enough to cover bottom), top with 1/2 of cooked ziti. Next layer with half of remaining beef-tomato sauce & 1/2 of moz. cheese. Layer with remaining ziti and then top with remaining beef-tomato sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until cheese is golden & bubbly, about 30 min. Slice into 8 pieces & serve. Yields 1 piece per serving @ 5 pts. each.

Laura

Re: Baked Beef Ziti recipe

MMMMMM. I will have to try this one out. It sounds delicious.