Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily Committmend Thread, 2/12/09

Wow, I am the first. Dashing out the door to gym before work. So glad to be OP...wt. dropping slowly but surely a pound or two each week; wishing everyone a great OP day, maajida

Re: Daily Committmend Thread, 2/12/09

Good morning. I'm off to WW in a few minutes (if I don't get blown off the road. Yesterday 60 today 30 with wind blown snow).I think I'll have a loss this week. I hate to admit it but I did OK counting points this week. An interesting observation though is that if I wanted a snack I would think" an apple 2 pts. a Fiber 1 bar 2 pts and would chose the bar. I have had boxes of the bars sitting on the shelf for months because when I was doing simply filling I could grab an apple without thinking about points. My mind is seriously screwed up. I think, for me, the problem with points is that I eat too much junk. Will have to work on that this week.
Have to do my usual stop at Aldi's on the way home today. I bought the bacon wrapped beef filets and will have them with something (maybe lobster tails?) for supper tomorrow night. I know Sat. is valentines day but it is also pizza night and the world would come to an end if Jim didn't have pizza on Sat LOL.
Hope you all have a great day

Pat

Good morning everyone! Hope you all are doing well.

I'm pretty tired this morning from staying up late. DH was home this morning and it threw me off my schedule and I walked right out without my grocery ads and book to read today. It's slow here at work this morning and I was going to bring my own entertainment, but oh well!

I did well yesterday on the food-front. I finally got around to fixing that sweet potato I bought and the asparagus. One word for both....YUMMO! New favs for sure. I worked out yesterday too.

Well, off to plan the rest of today's meals.

Good morning all. I didn't do too good last night. I was up 1.3 lbs. yesterday when I got up, have no clue why. I've stayed OP all wk. It makes me so mad when I'm doing good and the scale shows different. Anyway, I blew it last night and went on an eating frenzy. When I finally stopped, my stomach hurt so bad. Of course then the guilt sets in. I'm not getting on that scale everyday again, it just throws me off. Hopefully today will be better. So, I'm OP today and that's that!
Laura

Laura,

Hide that scale! Uki, maybe you can run it over for her!?

Seriously, Laura, hide it b/c you'll just drive yourself crazy! I've sooo been where you are!

I am in for today too. I am waiting on the tv guy right now. We are switching companies to try to save some money. He was supposed to be here between 8a and noon, and I just got a call that it will be closer to noon. Good thing I am here all day!

Pat, that is interesting about what you have learned with counting points. I guess it is just a gentle reminder that all foods have calories, regardless of whether they are better choices or not, and we need to try to remember to choose healthy foods, but keep in mind that just because we choose a fruit over a fiber one bar, doesn't mean the fruit doesn't have calories too. In fact, some fruits, like a banana, could have MORE calories than a fiber one bar. Hmmmmmm, food for thought, eh?

I have cleaned a lot this morning and also got my exercise out of the way. That is good!

Have a great day today! Oh, we had a wicked wind storm last night and I looked out this morning to see the kids' trampoline blew OVER a 6 foot tall wooden fence and went a good 50 feet and is now in the neighbor's yard. Can you believe it???? Good thing they are nice people. I guess I know what we are doing this afternoon. The trampoline net will have to be totally re-installed. Sigh.

Uki

Just a quick stop to check in. I will be op for today. Have parent teacher conferences tonight for both kids and then a small bday celebration for my oldest daughter she turns 10 today. We had our big family party a couple of weeks ago so just a small on with just us today.

laura I agree hide the scale. It is amazing how it can foul a mood or destroy a perfectly op day. I've held onto mine through every time I have been on this program and it never works. Weigh in only once a week and live your life the rest of the time. It will take a lot of stress away.

Uki lol about your trampoline. When I read your post a video was going in my head of the tramp flying. We have one too and there is nothing to block it if it would blow away. Guess that is something I should put some though into.

See ya all later
chels

Just home from WW. Now for a shameless pat on my own back. I lost 4.2 this week. I've had 3 weeks of +0.2,-0.4 and no loss. Guess my body caught up. Still struggling with the idea of counting points but guess I'll try it another week.

Pat

Way to go, Pat!!!!

Just now checking in for the day. I have the baby granddaughter this a.m. and have been busy with her and other things. Of course, have been taking pictures of her and had to get some on FB for the family to see. She is growing so fast.

I'm OP for the day! Need to cut down on my coffee! I love creamer and I'm having to give up too many points to have it like I love it!! In the winter it is my most enjoyable indulgence, though!! HELP!! Come on springtime and hot weather when I won't want the coffee as a comfort feeling! LOL!

Uki, I've seen many trampolines tossed like that before! Good luck getting it back together. Hope your weather is better.

Have a good day everyone!!!

YEAH PAT!!!!

Patty

THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO, GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!

Great Job Pat!!! I'm still OP for today.

DH got hurt at work this week so he is off until his doctor says he can go back. I decided to take tomorrow off work so we can have some quiet time without the kids and get all my errands done that need done without kids. Going out for a nice dinner on Saturday for Valentines Day and not sure what else is going on.

Have a good evening!

thanks for all the good words. I'm still doing my happy dance.

Pat