Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Daily Committment for 3/2

I didn't tell them. I thought it didn't matter until my dad called the day before to chat and give me his "I don't have any money" excuse and that was it. I cried a bit Friday night and couldn't hold it together well saturday. I'm afraid I will tell them and it won't be nice.

Lisa, just think of it that the grandparents are the ones that lost out on an important part of your son's life. Concentrate on the purpose of the baptisim. I'm not sure I would put myself through the problems that might come up if you tell them off. If you can calmly tell them that you were sad that they couldn't join you without getting all hot and bothered that might work. Just remember that you and your immediate family are the most important. Above all, don't get yourself so upset that you turn to food and undo all the good you have done.

Pat

Late check in over here.

Lisa, are your parents Christians? The reason I ask, is that I am wondering if they didn't see it as "that big a deal," because of their views? My mom didn't come to the kids' baptisms either, and that is because she is not saved and to her this is no big deal. It makes me sad, but all I can do it pray for her. I can totally understand your sadness at their not being there. Baptism is such an amazing experience. I remember when I was baptized (I was an adult), it was a life changing event for me. I knew that my salvation was not dependent upon it, but it was such a powerful, symbolic event. Pat is right - it is your parents who missed out. :(

Mitch is sick. I think it is the flu. He has a fever around 101 and a bad headache. His tummy hurts but I think that is because I forgot his miralax BOTH Saturday and Sunday. Bad mommy! I gave him advil and tucked him in and told him to wake me in the night if he needed more advil. I HATE when they are sick. I feel so helpless.

I am seeing a chiropractor for my neck and shoulders. I hope it helps. I have had such pain for so long and nothing helps. My mom says they are great. I have always been skeptical... I'll let you know. I go again tomorrow. I have to go 3 (!!!!) times a week for the first 3 weeks. I feel like that is all I do. LOL I guess I will have to take Mitch with me tomorrow. Poor little dude.

Have a good evening!