Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Daily Commitment Friday the 13th!! Wooooooooooooo

I'm at work already, but just wanted to say I'm OP and in for another day.

Have a good one.

so far so good with Friday the 13th. I'm back from the gym and ready to get busy at home. It is still cold and snowy so don't want to be outside anymore than necessary. I'm OP all the way. Yesterday's weigh in was good. Down 1.6. That makes up for last week's gain plus a little.
Tomorrow I'm excited to be able to go to a quilt show and craft show on the same day. If I'm in the mood I may go shopping at the outlet center for some Spring clothes. I hate shopping but have nothing but jeans (which are getting too big) and a pair of black and one blue pants that I wear anytime that the jeans aren't appropriate.
Hope everyone has a great day and weekend.

Pat

TGIF!!! What a week. When it rains, it pours! Most of you already know that on Wednesday (Jason and my wedding anniversary) he called me at work very frantic and said that he thought the house was on fire and that he just called 911. He had our van so I had a co-worker drive me to the house. By the time I got there, the firemen were already there and in the house. DH had just come home from picking up the kids at daycare and when he got out of the car, he heard the smoke detector going off and thought he saw smoke coming out of the doors. His first thought was the cat was inside somewhere, so he opened the door and it was nothing but black smoke, so he went back outside and waited.

The fire started in the basement. They aren't sure what caused it, but it's a good thing he got home when he did and they got it out before it got upstairs to our main level. Most of the stuff that was in the basement is a loss, but that is okay. It can all be replaced. I am just happy that we are all okay and no one was home at the time. Normally they would have been at home taking naps at that time, but that day he decided to stop somewhere else before they went home.

We were able to find the cat (hiding under our bed) on the top level of the house and the dog was outside at the time. Yesterday, we took the kids to the sitter and went back to the house and went into the basement (in the dark with only a flashlight) and tried to itemize everything for the insurance company. Servicemaster went in late yesterday afternoon and started the Ozone. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but it is the first step in the cleaning process. No one (including pets) is allowed to be in the house while that is going so we had to find somewhere to take our animals. We can't afford to have them boarded and that is one thing that insurance doesn't cover so I called the humane society and explained to them what happened and they told us that we could take them there free of charge for a few days. We will definately make a donation to them when this whole thing is over with. We have stayed in a hotel the last 2 nights and are spending the rest of the time staying at my parents house. We were told we should be able to go back home on Wednesday. We will have a lot of work to do, but it could have been a lot worse so I am thankful that it's not.

Needless to say, I have been doing horrible on the eating and exercising part, but I will get back on the ball when everything calms down.

Hope you all have a good weekend!

TODAY, MARCH (FRIDAY) 13, 2009. I JOINED WEIGHT WATCHERS!!! I'm in for at least 3 months (that's what I paid for anyway) and with the help from aimee's website I should be able to conquer the world. LOL! I have been fine tooth combing this website for ideas and recipes so I can buy my groceries tomorrow and being my journey. Any groceries you think are a must please let me know! Thank you for the words of wisdom and encouragement.

Well, what a day.

Congrats to those u lost.

Brooke what else can happen to you honey. But u sound like u are all holding up really well so that is great. Wish I lived closer and could help. i kinda know what u are going though. We had a basement fire in my house when I was a little younger. Good Luck and well give u all the support u need on here just let us know.

As for me I tried to remain op today. I will add up points in a minute I think I am a few over but nothing major. We went to a fishing demonstration for kids this morinng and then dinner. After that it was off to walmart and then home for supper. After that we went to a home show in town. Signed up for door prizes one minute next minute they did a drawing and my husband won. He won one of those sprinklers that walks itself along a hose. It is like 50.00 at menards I think and he has been wanting one so I was happy for him. Now back at home I am making a dessert for a dinner party tommorrow. I may not be able to control the meal ingredients but I can control dessert!! Thats the part I have trouble with anyways!
I will be gone most of tommorow as we have jujitsu, then a bday party and then the dinner party so I am posting for tommorow as well. I will remain op and that is my goal this week. To ask my self are u really hungery and if I am not then I need to not eat.

hope u all had a great day and hope tommorrow is good to. OP for me!
chels