Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Daily commitment 4/15

Chelsie, congrats on the loss. I live in the land of small losses so I agree anything that isn't a gain is OK.
Also congrats on being offered the teaching position. Sounds like you have put lots of work into your training.

Pat

Wow Carrie, where to start. Don't know about the dose of Metformin and carb craving. When I took it I took 1000 mg per day and couldn't see any difference. I think as far as your diet you'll have to decide if you are going to follow the Dr's advice on carbs or are going to count points. WW isn't a low carb diet by any means. The best I can suggest is to take the time to look up your usual foods for carb content and sit down and plan your meals. I have enough problems counting points (which is why I'm doing Core/Simply filling), I would go nuts if I had to keep track of carbs. Can you get a referal to a dietitian? Maybe your insurance would cover it as medically necessary. Short of that I would suggest looking a South Beach Diet which is a low carb (but healthier than Atkins) way of eating.
I'm sorry you are going through all of this. I understand about gaining so much so quickly. I can do that also.
Keep posting even if we can't give you advice we can support your efforts.

Pat

Hi Gang! Here I am too. I am doing fine and pugging away OP as usual.

((((Carrie)))) Okay, I don't know much about the medication, but I am hoping that Patty jumps in. If I recall correctly, she knows a bunch. As far as the carbs go, I can't help much either. In looking at food labels, I am going to say that seems really low!!! Golly, I would have trouble with that too. I am guessing there are guides available that spell out carbs in common foods and maybe that would help too? All , I can say, is that I would lost my mind on this plan. I need carbs!!!! Keep us posted on how you are doing and please know that my heart goes out to you. I will hold you up in prayer for sure!

I agree with seeing a dietician...I'm having my husband call our insurance...I don't think it's normally covered, but maybe something has changed.

I did do South Beach a long time ago, but I really didn't commit to it long b/c I got pregnant. Maybe I should locate that book and read it in the mean time.