Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need honest opinions, Ladies

Hi Ladies,

I need some honest feedback and no matter what yours is, I can take it. LOL

As you all know I have been on this journey for quite some time now and I think I have done a good job of taking off the weight and keeping it off. You also know I have been under goal for awhile, and truth be told, I was pretty tickled about that too.

Well, yesterday, I was at the pediatrician's office with Wes and the doctor, who has known me for 10 years, pulled me aside and asked if I was okay. I was confused and said, I was fine. She said that since losing the weight, I had always looked good, but that seeing me now, she thought I had lost too much and looked downright "skinny." I was shocked! When I see myself, I still see that fat girl, so I don't know what to think.

So, for those of you who have facebook, could you look at my lastest photo (me and THE BIKE) and give me some feedback, please. I trust you all completely and if you say the same thing, I will believe you. On the other hand if you all say I look fine, I will believe you too.

Thanks in advance,
Uki

Re: Need honest opinions, Ladies

I wouldn't go by what that dr. said. You are practically an athlete with all that exercise you do. You look fit/toned to me. As long as your regular dr. thinks your weight is in a healthy range for your height/age, then I wouldn't fret about her comment. I think you look just fine.

Uki, I agree with Carrie! If you are where you want to be and are feeling GREAT, then keep up the good work. You worked hard to get where you are and if you are within the bounds you want to be as far as weight, then a pediatrician shouldn't be the one to worry about you. You are not the KID, you are a grown woman. You exercise and eat right and want to live a healthy life. What does the pediatrician look like and has she ever had a weight problem? If your own doctor is okay with where you are, then don't sweat the opinions of others. If your health was not good, then I would worry!

YOU make that bike lood GOOD!!! LOL!

Uki, you look great. I think that not only us but those around us have a perception problem about how we look. I would thank the Dr. for her concern but do what you feel is best for you.
Would that I could ever look like you.

Pat

Thank you all so much! You guys are the best and I truly appreciate the input. You are right that I have worked so hard to get to this point and I really felt like I was just fine. This is so not about a number on the scale anymore. As many of you know, I don't even own a scale anymore. I drove over it with the van. LOL I do weigh myself from time to time at the doctor's office, but mostly I gauge my weight by the way my clothes fit. I have found that even when I do weigh myself, I hold really steady.

Again, thanks a bunch and I am going to keep doing what I have been doing! I didn't lost close to 40 pounds for nothing. :)

Uki, you are such an inspiration....Maajida