Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hi my name is!!!

Hey everyone. We are starting to get a few more people on this site and I think it is just kind of fun to find out how people found this site and what made them choose to change their lifestyle. I'll go first.

My name is Chelsie, I am 28 years old and from Iowa. I am married with three wonderful daughters. I am currently employed with A window manufacurer but am on a Voluntary layoff since January possibly lasting till September.
long, long ago I'm just kidding 5 years ago I joined ww with the intent of getting rid of 50 lbs gained during my pregnancy. Over the last 4 years I have managed to come within 10 lbs of my goal weight twice only to gain back 25 lbs when I started smoking again. I currently rejoined ww in Feb 2009 again and have been on the program ever since. I just celebrated my 8 month non smoking anniversary. I have lost 19 lbs on the program this time around and have lost 32 total. I have 18 more to go.

I was referred to this website 5 years ago from a friend. I havent posted that whole time but have found that when I fell off the wagon this was the place I came to because I knew they would back up and come get me with no judgement.

I will try and get some new threads started again with the hopes of a few more people posting on them. I will leave you with my favorite new insperational quote I recieved in a email. It kinda relates to dealing the hand you are dealt.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it is about learning to dance in the rain.

We will face many obstecals on our weigh loss journey it is how we choose to overcome them that is important.

Have a great nite
chels

Re: Hi my name is!!!

Chelsie, thanks for starting this.

My name is Pat. I'm a 60 year old semi-retired RN and wife and mother of a 34 year old son. I live in Western NY near Lake Ontario. I found Aimee's site from a mention on Roni's Weigh. I started WW March 31, 2007 after checking my % of body fat and finding it to be 48%. I lose slowly but have managed about 90 pound loss. I have ups and downs but plan on sticking with WW. My husband looks at it like AA, just keep going to meetings. When I complain about the cost he reminds me that it is cheaper than the medicines that I used to be on. I'm a diabetic but got completely off medicine for it 1 year ago.
I spend my down time making baby quilts and purses and bags.

Pat

My name is Scott and I a divorced father of two beautiful daughters. I am a sales rep for a software company here in Mobile, Al. I was once a frequent poster of this site but due to some curveballs that life threw at me I stopped posting and gained back about 25lbs after getting about 10lbs away from my target weight. I don’t go to meetings for several reasons but I use the concepts, recipes, and ideas of others to help me with WW. I have met some tremendous people while going through this process and I look forward to meeting more.

Hi, I'm Becky. I'm 46 years old, married with 3 children. My youngest son is 9 and my oldest son is 24 and I have an 18 year step daughter and a 4 year old grandson. I joined WW in October of '06 with 64 lbs. to lose. I made my goal January of '08 and made lifetime in March if '08. It has been 15 months since I made lifetime and I am maintaining between 6 and 9 lbs. under goal. I still go to my meetings every week or at least every other week. Like you said Patty, it's like AA and I'm not ready to go once a month yet. I am one of those people that read the post every day but post very rarely. I will try to post more often so hopefully the site will build back up. Have a great day everyone!

Hi! I am Nellie, a 69-yr.old retired elementary teacher, married almost 40 years, three DDs - 36, and twins 34 1/2, one SIL, one DGS, one DGD, and a 17-yr.old cat. I earned Lifetime in April 1994, but had to return to WW in May 2007. I reached goalweight status in March 2008 and am now about 10 pounds below that point. Getting the AP's is my biggest challenge, but I work diligently at getting some kind of intentional activity each day. We have a large vegetable garden that DH enjoys working, and I enjoy harvesting and preserving. While I don't post often at all, I try to keep up with the thread several times a week.

Wishing each of you the best as you make this journey toward healthier living.

Nellie

Hi all. I'm Brooke. I'm a 27 year old married mother of a 2 year old boy, Carter, and an 8 month old girl, Taylor. I have done WW on and off for the past 5 years. I started back up in January of this year and lost abou 25 pounds. We had a house fire in March and I kind of fell off the wagon but started back up in April. In that time I gained about 7 back but have since lost them again plus another 5 or so. I have about 60 more to go, and I know it is going to take a lot of work but I will get there. I found this site after my mom sent me a recipe a while back. I love to come here for the support (even though I may not always post) and inspiration.

Hi! I'm Cathy. I'm 47 and work as an Executive Admin. for a Financial Services company. I live in Tennessee, I'm married and I have a daughter who is a college sophomore (Go Vols!). I think I have tried every diet program, plan, scam, ect known to mankind, except Weight Watchers. For some reason I just thought that counting points sounded silly! Luckily for me, we started an "at work" program here and I decided to join up. That was in March and as of this morning, I've lost right at 25 pounds. I still have about 50 to go. I've battled my weight forever -my highest was 265 and my low was 140. I'm at 184 right now (I'm 5'8"), so I feel good, but know I can feel better. It's nice to chat with everyone!