Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Aimee's New Low Carb Blog!

Aimee, I just wanted to wish you much luck on your new weight-loss adventure. I started back at WW right after New Years and I am determined to get this weight off. I have about 125 pounds to lose also. I've been paging through your 2 cookbooks and planning to use many of your recipes to help get me through this. I made your Broccoli Cheese soup this past week. I think low-carb is just fine. You have to do what works for you. After being diagnosed with a heart condition last year as well as borderline diabetes, I was overwhelmed by the docs telling me to eat low-carb, low-sodium, low-fat. I felt like I couldn't eat anything so I just didn't try. I've decided to go back to WW and do what I'm familiar with. For now I'm counting points and eating a good balanced diet. I know I've cut way down on sodium and carbs but I'm not going to "count" those for now. The most important thing for me to do is lose the weight so I can be healthy again. I have to admit to myself that I'm obese and I'm not getting any younger. I'm cutting my life short and that is not fair to my family. I've never seen an elderly obese person and I'd kind of like to be around to see my grandkids some day. Thanks for posting all the wonderful recipes and I'm looking forward to seeing more on your low-carb blog.