Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NOV 7 Woman's World WW article

Has anyone read the Nov 7th issue of Woman's World magazine about Turbo Weight Watchers? On page 20 it talks about "combining" protein, fat and carbs together. It is interesting and I am always a sucker to try something new. What do you think/what experiences with this do you have?

Nancy

Re: NOV 7 Woman's World WW article

I would love to hear a little more about the article...Please????

Hi Nancy,

I would like to hear about that too. Do you know if it is still out in stores?

Here is the article:

I lost and regained about 30 pounds at least five different times," admits NYC mom Liz Josefsbert 35. "I used to do horrible crash diets and go to the gym for three hours a day. But I'd be miserable , and I could only last so long before I snapped." Good news: She's not miserable anymore. Nor does she struggle with her weight. The reason? "I went to lunch with a friend who started Weight Watchers, and we ordered the same thing. I was like "Wow, She's eating regular food and losing weight!" recalls Liz, who soon signed up for meetings. Turns out, she has a knack for working the famous plan. Liz quickly transformed herself from a self-conscious size 14 to a self confident size 4, became one of the group's most popular leaders and was recruited to work a Weight Watchers headquarters. Impressed? Not half as impressed as you're gonna be after she shares her best secret...

Making magic Combos
For Years, Liz felt like once she started eating, she just wanted more, more, more. It's a problem many of us struggle with-one that usually gets worse when we try a healthy, carb-friendly, portion-controlled plan like WW. Yet for Liz, her huge appetite all but disappeared. "It now takes a very small amount of food to keep me very satisfied," she smiles. One trick deserves much of the credit. See, after being bombarded with zillions of great tips and strategies at her first meetings, Liz was lucky enough to latch on to one that turned her favorite foods into fat-melting, appetite-squashing wonders. It's this simple: Eat food in the right combinations. "When you eat just one type of food at a time-especially fat-free carbs-you can eat a lot of it and never feel truly satisfied. But combine a little carb, fat and protein all together, and it creates a sense of physical and psychological fullness, and when you do that, you set yourself up to succeed," she explains. "It's the key to everything."
Science behind the magic
Liz is so convinced that this strategy works, she tends to think that folks who skip it are making a big mistake. A team of New Zealand researchers couldn't agree mroe. After conducting a series of studies, they've found that dieters who opt for Liz's magic combos lose 50% more weight and experience dramatically less hunger. Magic-combo dieters also end up with higher metabolisms than traditional dieter, adds UOI Donald K Layman, PHD. See, getting protein at each sitting prevents hunger inducing blood sugar spikes and increases levels of a metabolism-boosting amino acid called leucine. And getting that protein with a little carb and fat keeps us from feeling deprived and giving up.
Thumbs-up readers!
Okay, so the magic combos worked for Liz and they worked in a scrience lab, too. But just in case anyone needed more convincing, we had Liz help us create the menus and then asked readers to give 'em a try. What happened? "Magic combos rock!" say our testers, who shed up to four pounds a week. So give it a try!" Learning that if you watch the amounts and combos, you can eat things you like- that," promises Liz, "is mind blowing." And waist shrinking.

I will make a new post with the magic combo menus

Magic Combo Menus

This is continued from previous post.

Magic Combo Menus

Choose one from each group per day:

Breakfast:
1-1/2cups Kashi Good Friends Cereal
1 Cup FF milk
1 medium banana
---------------------
2 scrambled eggs
1 lite English muffin
2 veggie sausage links
1 cup blueberries
-----------------------------
1 WW muffin
1 T peanut butter
1 cup sliced strawberries

Lunch:

3 cups mixed salad
4oz grilled chicken
1/3 cup chickpeas
1/3 cup chopped bell pepper
scallion and FF cheese
2 T lite dressing
-------------------------------
1 sushi roll (6 pieces)
2 cups steamed snow peas
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 orange
-----------------------------
6" low-fat Subway sandwich, extra veggies
1 bag baked chips
1 pear

Dinner:

4 oz chicken or fish
1 cup cooked WW pasta
2 cups grilled vegetables
2 tsp. olive oil
-------------------
3 boiled perogies,
2 T lite sour cream
2 oz ham
2 cups broccoli
1 cup applesauce
-------------------
1 morning star farms black bean burger
1 slice low fat cheese
1 lite english muffin
2 cups bell pepper rings
2 T lite dressing
------------------------------
2 links low fat turkey or chicken sausage
2 whole grain bns
2 cups green beans
2 tsp. olive oil

SNACKS
1 piece/cup fruit
1 TBS peanut butter or 1 stick string cheese
---------
10 baby carrots
1/4 cup hummus
------------------------
1/2 cup cooked oakmeal
1 T each dried fruit and nuts
---------------------
1 cup low fat flavored yogurt
1/2 cup blueberries

Thanks for sharing Nancy! I actually found this article when I was checking out at the grocery store a couple of days ago and picked up a copy. I probably wouldn't have paid attention if you hadn't posted about it. :)

Thanks again!

Thanks, nancy..I just copied it....

Your are all welcome. I did break a plateau and lost 1 pound! That says a lot since I am so close to my personal goal.

Nancy

Great job, nancy!!!! You are just about there. Let us know when you make to your goal...

does anyone know if you have to use these particular menus? there is quite a bit of stuff on there i dont like and i wouldnt want to end up eating the same things all the time. like, is there a certain ratio to follow and can you sub any lean protien, fruit,etc? this is very interesting, thanks!

Has anyone tried this and had any success? Looks too strict for me.

Thanks for sharing. I tend to skimp on protein since they are higher in points, bit probably end up eating more as a result. I think I'll give this a try.
Thanks again,
Amy