Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
helpful weightloss hint

Hi!
I recently realized that looking at pictures of bikinis, that you couldn't possibly wear if you were overweight or felt bad about yourself, helped me resist eating.
You can just think about wearing that cute suit, and won't overeat.
Hope this is helpful!

Re: helpful weightloss hint

And for the very brave, take a picture of yourself at your present weight wearing a skimpy swim suit and put it next to that picture.

I don't think I need to see myself (or anyone else) in a bikini. All I need is a copy of the pictures my brother took of me yesterday. He showed me a few of them while he was taking them. I looked like a big blob and was sickened by it. All I could think of was "should have sat next to him instead of across from him, then he wouldn't remember to take so many pictures of me, and even if he did, they'd probably just be of my face". Even though I weigh just a few pounds less than I did at my heaviest weight, I think I actually look fatter now. I couldn't believe it. I mean, I know I'm heavy, but what I see in the mirror everyday isn't what I saw captured on the camera yesterday. I'll definately be getting one of those pictures printed out and hung anywhere that I might be tempted to eat (my refrigerator, computer, even my car). Totally embarassing!!! :(

OK....totally relate to what you said, Aimee! I have a reverse body image problem. Instead of being thin and thinking I look fatter than I am I'm fat and think I'm thinner than I am. I hate the camera! I have lost all hope in losing weight. I have given up on WW and just totally let myself go. I just can NOT get my motivation back. You would think that looking at photos would make me jump into action, but it just pushes me towards the food! I need to do something though, because I've noticed that I'm purposefully excluding myself from all photos with my girls. It makes me mad, but clearly not mad ENGOUGH. I have started the paperwork to get the lap band placed. I need help, and I'm hoping this will be the tool that I need to bring it all together. I know what I need to do, but I just can't stop eating.

I think it's helpful also if you take a picture every week once you start dieting because then you actually have proof of progress, and it's easier to tell, instead of just feeling fat in front of the mirror, you can know that you were oncer fatter and you keep dieting.

You'd never catch me in a bikini. I couldn't possibly wear one ever, even if I was a waif. I'd like to get my rear into a sexy pair of jeans though.

I tried to think of something to get me motivated too. So as much as I hated it I had my husband take some pictures of me to put on the fridge and else where. I also hung my bikini on a hanger and put it on my treadmill so now everytime i look at it I realize i need to get my fat butt on the treadmill and walk, so far it has been working. I also have a sexy pair of jeans that I wore about a year ago hanging on my bedroom door with a piece of paper I pinned on it saying "Go Exercise". I hope to be back into those jeans and bikini this summer.

I'm sure you will make it and you will look good in them, too. Of course we will want a pic....

It also helps to do things like where a tighter dress out to dinner and stuff so you don't overeat. That way, you won't want people to see you squished into something you fit into earlier, and you'll eat less.

I agree 100% w u Aimee. The pictures I see of myself is NOT the same person I see in the morning everyday. I can't believe how huge I really am. I really need to print my pics out and post them on the Frig.

I was browsing your site and think its great,i have lost 75 pounds and was exited until i read all of the comments, i just wanted to hug everyone.i am a caterer, which makes it extra hard,but i also love new recipes and cooking.my WW leader tells us something that i try to keep in mind, "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" i wish everyone luck, myself too, as i still have 75 to lose.

I usually get confused on message boards, but Im hoping that I will be able to find my way around this one.
The last time I was on a message board was when I quit smoking...4 years ago (yea me!!)
I found the interaction was one key, and all the knowledge about the addiction helped me over come the habit.
I am now tackling the weight that I gained, and am doing quite well by excersing 3 time a week or more, and doing weight resistant exercises..I read alot, try to learn all I can. Dr. Phils book on the 7 keys was my first book (excellent reading).
I am 52 yrs old, and never thought I would be going to a gym. I started with no will power, and after 6months now, I feel like im cheating myself if I don't get there. I have also begun to eat healthy, and I am amazed how I crave the good foods.
Never thought that could ever happen!
I haven't gotten much excitement from my husband.(good comments..or any for that matter)
My mother in law worries that im not healthy (um, i still weight 170 and should weigh like 140 something...)My daughter is probably caught up in her teenage world, and i haven't seen any of my family for them to even know. Guess its ok, Im excited, for myself, and thats enough for me (kinda?)
Any way my suggestion is to learn everything you can about why you eat and to try and fix what ever it is that is bugging you, and to find a replacement for that behavior. Oh gosh, I could go on and on, Im excited for you all, PLEASE do this for yourself, and let NO excuses get in the way of your sucess. Its time us girls do for ourselves instead of giving everything to everyone else. Who will take care of everyone if we are sick with diabetis (sp) all the other stuff that obesity can create?
LOVE YOURSELF NO MATTER WHAT!

Hi again!
Another tip I just started doing was measuring my weight not by a scale, (lets face it-they're not that accurate) and measuring my waist with measurinf tape. It feels great to take off another inch!